Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the forum raced with a Civic SI yet?
If you did... How the koup held against the SI?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Keep the 2$. You already won your own bet!:)
Look i wanted to ask the same question for as long as i had my SX, but, i knew tht if i post it here, everyone is gonna kill it. I didn't mean to bash it. but i can think of at least one name to bash it. Just look at the whole "speeding, where do u draw the line" thread.

I am very interested to know who would win.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think is a legit question, cause we (including me) are always talking crap about Honda's (specially the SI). Aidensgrand lost to an SI by a length of one car, and this was done with an EX! Imagine with an SX that has a CAI and a CAT back exhaust, and I don't think we customize our cars to race with aveo's and smartcars. I hope not!:D

Look i wanted to ask the same question for as long as i had my SX, but, i knew tht if i post it here, everyone is gonna kill it. I didn't mean to bash it. but i can think of at least one name to bash it. Just look at the whole "speeding, where do u draw the line" thread.

I am very interested to know who would win.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
With a little research you can find the answer your looking for in road-tests of both cars in auto magazines. 1/4 mile times favor the SI over the Forte. You have to take into consideration that the Forte is a mass produced-one-size-fits-all economy car while the SI is specifically built from the Civic line for performance (High compression engine and GEARING for acceleration). MPG suffers over the base Civics too. IF Kia were to provide the 200HP GDI 2.4L engine AND gearing to allow for better acceleration than the Forte would become the "shining" example of peppy economy cars.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Well I beat my friend's 2010 Scion tC multiple times. It is completely stock, no TRD parts. I was ahead by a car length and a half.

It's funny, me and my friends all have the competing cars in our "class".

2010 Honda Civic SI [won't race me], 2010 Scion tC and my 2010 Kia Forte Koup.

2,213 Posts
ive raced an SI... 2 traffic lights, his was an auto apperently cause i took him off the line, after some wheel hop the tires finally grabbed some pavement. it was close, i think i had about a half of cars length ahead of him. also raced a wannabe fast and furious eclipse. that was hysterical! hahaha sitting at the light, dingleberry pulls up, revs the engine, light goes green and boom! about 5 car lengths behind. made sure i gave him the "you suck dont bother racing anymore" 4 way flashers! lol

(i do not condone racing, it is dangerous and illegal) <~~~pysche!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a cool story!

ive raced an SI... 2 traffic lights, his was an auto apperently cause i took him off the line, after some wheel hop the tires finally grabbed some pavement. it was close, i think i had about a half of cars length ahead of him. also raced a wannabe fast and furious eclipse. that was hysterical! hahaha sitting at the light, dingleberry pulls up, revs the engine, light goes green and boom! about 5 car lengths behind. made sure i gave him the "you suck dont bother racing anymore" 4 way flashers! lol

·
Registered
519 Posts

im pretty sure all SI's are stick.... so either it wasent an SI just a clone or he sucked driving a stick

·
Registered
427 Posts
SI should beat stock forte, but SI has a CAI stock, VTEC, and all those compression thingies everyone else talked about. Forte is a beast with the CAI, and exhaust makes it still cheaper than SI, and faster.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya all SI's are stick.
in my case, i think the kid wasnt too good at shifting and only reason he did beat me was because of his car having more HP and gearing than mine. i was ahead by about 3 car lenghts at one point and about half way thru our little drag, he started to catch me, and then finally beat me. it was fun though

2,213 Posts
my eventual goal is to run about 400hp then race a vette and win! then give him the 4 way flasher dance! lmao FYI: if youre gonna give someone the 4 way flashers after you beat them, be prepared to fight! it pisses people off to no extent but its funny as hell!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Civic SI Coupe (starting at $22, 205 for basic package)

• 197-hp, 2.0-liter, DOHC i-VTEC® engine
  • Helical limited-slip differential
  • Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission
  • 17-inch alloy wheels
  • CITY 21 / HWY 29
Forte Koup SX (starting at $ 17, 695)

- 173 hp, DOHC 2.4L I4 engine
- 6 Speed manual transmission
- 17" tires w/ alloy wheels
- City 22 / HWY 32

The Koup kills the Civic in looks and attention.

·
Registered
318 Posts
oh man i never knew of the 4 way flashers lol... im ganna do that the next time i meet a lancer that always wants to race. tell him to eat shit lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got the 4 way flashers once only because I needed to break off and catch my exit lil bastard... funny thing was i was ahead of him and im bone stock. He had a crappy prelude

1 - 20 of 49 Posts