Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought a racing red SX manual Koup last month...a car I would have given my left nut for when I was 22......!!! Anyway I had a blast driving a stick again and slamming down hard into turns with this thing. I liked it so much I bought a black SX Sedan w/leather pkg. of course....but I had to give up the stick for the auto...(wifey just never caught on to WHY you must change gears...:p)

Bottom line....I've been reading early reviews from 09 on the sedan and it's unforgiving suspension....blah, blah, blah....!!!! Some of these reviewers must have been dumbfounded when they drove the Koup....now that things friggin' hard....and right to the ground, which is what I like in a sport coupe. As for the sedan.....the SX suspension is right about where I would want a "sport sedan" to be...not too hard, but just hard enough that when I rev up the auto "bump-shifter" I get back some of that fun Koup feeling.

As far as feeling the bumps in the road....I don't think the 45 profile Eagles help to smooth any of these out, in fact they amplify some of the rough spots, but handle great! Maybe if we put some nice 65 profile all-season mooshy radials on ...it'll make it all feel better.....:D Then we can feel like we're in Mercury Grand Marquis'...!

2 new cars for around 35K.......that makes these cars even more of a blast to drive....!!!:D

Read the "professional reviews" but drive the cars to see what "YOU" individually like.......and be realistic.....we're not sitting in BMW's, Infinituy's or Audi's here....(although the forte's look a little like an audi...:eek:)....and we're not dishing out those kinds of bucks either..!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My son bought a racing red SX manual Koup last month...a car I would have given my left nut for when I was 22......!!! Anyway I had a blast driving a stick again and slamming down hard into turns with this thing. I liked it so much I bought a black SX Sedan w/leather pkg. of course....but I had to give up the stick for the auto...(wifey just never caught on to WHY you must change gears...:p)

Bottom line....I've been reading early reviews from 09 on the sedan and it's unforgiving suspension....blah, blah, blah....!!!! Some of these reviewers must have been dumbfounded when they drove the Koup....now that things friggin' hard....and right to the ground, which is what I like in a sport coupe. As for the sedan.....the SX suspension is right about where I would want a "sport sedan" to be...not too hard, but just hard enough that when I rev up the auto "bump-shifter" I get back some of that fun Koup feeling.

As far as feeling the bumps in the road....I don't think the 45 profile Eagles help to smooth any of these out, in fact they amplify some of the rough spots, but handle great! Maybe if we put some nice 65 profile all-season mooshy radials on ...it'll make it all feel better.....:D Then we can feel like we're in Mercury Grand Marquis'...!

2 new cars for around 35K.......that makes these cars even more of a blast to drive....!!!:D

Read the "professional reviews" but drive the cars to see what "YOU" individually like.......and be realistic.....we're not sitting in BMW's, Infinituy's or Audi's here....(although the forte's look a little like an audi...:eek:)....and we're not dishing out those kinds of bucks either..!!!
Great write up, especially the point about driving the cars. I drove my first KIA (the Koup SX) the other day and really liked it. It exceeded my expectations which were minimal before I started. Bottom line its a lot of car for under $20K; its not perfect but what in life is?:D

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I bought my Koup so I could give my Spectra to my mom. She was so excited that I was giving her my old car until she saw my new car. Then that old Spectra wasn't looking so good. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts