Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I said on another post, I received my Eibach springs this morning and they are already installed on my car. It took me a bit less than 2hrs with the help of a friend.

I'm quite happy with the result.

·
Registered
114 Posts
nice nice nice what site did u order the springs off of and what color were they i think i want to be doing this after i put the cai catpipe and exhaust on

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice nice nice what site did u order the springs off of and what color were they i think i want to be doing this after i put the cai catpipe and exhaust on
I got the set from KFX Performance.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you install the camber kit as well? i can't really tell from the pics.
No not yet, I have the camber bolts in hand but I need to go to an alignment shop.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
It may just be the angle that the photos were taken, but it looks like the rear is lower than the front. Or am I just going crazy? How much lower is it now?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Great job, it looks really good.

I agree roknrolr, the rear does look a little bit lower which is strange cause the drop is supposed to be more in the front. Did you maybe put the front springs on the rear and vice versa MaxD?

And for some reason, the drop seems to be lower than my Koup with the same springs.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every thing you could expect from a lowered car, less body roll and the car is much more stable.

You're right the back does look lower, this must be the way I was parked... Everything was looking good today. It's impossible to install the springs in the wrong way. The rear are twice smaller compare to the front and you can't installed them upside down.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I like the look
anyway I'm wanting to do this to my car but my dam dealership seems to be no way no how on mods.

Im loving the stance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Your dealer can't refuse you from doing mods as by law they are not allowed.. All they can do is refuse warranty on only the parts you changed...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I want to do springs as well, but I'm afraid the ride will get harsh and bouncy as it often happens when replacing springs only...

Don't you happen to drive by Trois-Rivieres sometimes? :D

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to do springs as well, but I'm afraid the ride will get harsh and bouncy as it often happens when replacing springs only...

Don't you happen to drive by Trois-Rivieres sometimes? :D
C'est pas si pire que ça comme ride. C'est juste 1.2" de drop :)

I would have change all the shocks but there's nothing available for now... I want a set of yellow Koni's.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It may just be the angle that the photos were taken, but it looks like the rear is lower than the front. Or am I just going crazy? How much lower is it now?
I had a closer look yesterday. The gap in the wheel well, really is smaller in the back vs the front. So I measured from the bottom of the rocker to the ground. It's all at about 5" +- 1/4" from the ground, so the car is level.

The instruction says that the kit is made for a Forte Koup. But on Eibach web site, the part number are the same for the sedan and the koup...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
most likely the kit will settle down, after sometime in the car I've done lift kits on trucks serval times and it always starts out higher, after the front springs get some time on them they should sit about the same as the rear.

·
Registered
306 Posts
wooowI didn't knwo the 4 door could look so nice!! nice job i love the yellow fogs! I wish i couldv'e gottan my car in white, it would have been my first choice but for some reason they didn't have the koup sx in white even to order. So i just went with the blue even that I had to get ordered. I really want to put lowering springs in mine though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts