Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a Koup sx. I see in most pictures that most people have the ex. Im just wondering why did you buy the ex over the sx? For me it was only a $2000 difference so I took it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
when I bought my EX, on the website I would see more than 3000CAD difference. On the top of that, I wanted to get 0% financing and all the discounts for 2010 model. They had no 2010 SX black left and a black EX in their parking. Took the black EX with its discounts... not only my montly payments are at least 40CAD less per month but my EX insurance cost me less than the SX.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the ex because I drive alot and wanted something that was good on gas and don't really care for the flashy lights in the gauges and speakers only thing I would like is the computer with temp mpgs and that stuff

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought the EX because it provides more headroom. Being 6'1", the extra 5 cm is a huge difference and the stiffer suspension of the SX did not appeal to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I chose the EX since I didn't want to spend the extra cash. The 2.0 should get a bit better gas mileage than the 2.4. Gas mileage was more important than the higher performance to me. The fog lights are the only extra feature I wanted. It was a close decision since I did prefer the racing red but could not see paying an extra couple thousand for a paint color and fog lights.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
EX:
1) better MPG
2) more headroom
3) it was less money
4) i also went and got an estimate for my insurance and the ex lowered it $12/month and SX raised it $4/month

ya i wish i had the nicer wheels but >$1000 for aftermarkets down the road when i need to change my tires is a lot less expensive than a $4 increase on insurance, more money put into the car for gas, and having to pay the extra $2,000 making my payments more

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got my SX bc im an 19 year old kid who wasnt thinking. And now I thought but oh well. Im fine with my car. Ill just live with mom and dad for a couple of more years no biggie.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my EX because I didn't see the point in getting an SX Its not that much better to justify the cost difference. I bought the the car to be a nice reliable cool looking ride with some goodies like leather, sunroof, xm etc etc. And I love it. Hell I've gotten more compliments in it then I have gotten in cars that have cost me way more

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is it true that a 2.0 can hold more boost in a turbO set up?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought an EX because..........hey wait a minute I bought an SX?!?! :)

I bought an SX because I did not want to buy a Civic!

EX - SX : they both are sweet rides...!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We bought an EX because it happenned to have a sunroof and many other goodies. Seats and ride are reasonably comfortable. Roof is high enough not to make me claustrophobic (six feet tall). Mainly we are cutting back on gas expenses - we traded in our beloved 2004 Mercury Marauder.

We like the Forte a lot so far. For a small fuel efficient car, it's pretty peppy, luxxy, and comfy.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I tested both cars out..the EX is a very nice car, but the SX is loaded with all the goodies...and life is too short not to enjoy all the good stuff.
I'm with you all the way. All that one needs to do is to read the brochure of standard features and available options. It's a no-brainer.

I've never been happier than the purchase of my 2011 five door Forte. I gave my near new Sonata to my wife although I thought she would be driving this more around town. She has yet to drive it. I'm a selfish old man who enjoys driving something that is truly fun. I'd do it all over again too.

Has anyone noticed that the 2.0 requires the TIMING BELT be checked at 60,000 miles? Unless I am greatly mistaken, the 2.4 comes with a timing chain. As I said, this one was a no-brainer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts