Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide what I want to do with my wheel inserts, so can we dedicate a thread with the various colors of inserts on the different colors of cars so we all have a place to get an idea for choices?

Electric Blue -- Gloss Black, Matte Black, Gunmetal/Titanium, match the blue, stock, completely remove, :confused: I have no idea...

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you want to see what they look like gloss black, just take out the inserts, and there you go, gloss black!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree, but he will get an idea of what it looks like Gloss Black.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just finished painting the inserts on a co-worker's car last night, and I'll be installing them shortly this afternoon. Her Koup is white so we went with white inserts. She originally requested pink... *sigh*\

While her inserts were out the past few days I could get an idea of what my white sedan will look like with black rims - that's a project for another 'weekend off'.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
speaking of the holes after taking out the inserts-
gloss black plastic plugs perhaps?
depending on the pattern of the holes- perhaps body colored gloss plugs for the hole?

just tossing out ideas.....

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Just finished painting the inserts on a co-worker's car last night, and I'll be installing them shortly this afternoon. Her Koup is white so we went with white inserts. She originally requested pink... *sigh*\

While her inserts were out the past few days I could get an idea of what my white sedan will look like with black rims - that's a project for another 'weekend off'.
To be completely honest, I think the pink would have looked kinda cool... Maybe that's my girl talking :p Or lime green! My favorite colour!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would just take the insert out or paint it black. Those sx wheels look to much like a flower. I thought it was just me but then my wife said the same thing when she saw the car. I got rims 2 weeks after i drove my sx off the lot.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
How do you paint the inserts?
Be more specific........ what do you want to know??? Paint brand, prep, application........!!
As for myself I use ENDURA paint (it's an industrial coating) and the facility at my job (witch is a paint co. :D) air gun, sprayboot, etc.

I've clean the insert with a rag and mild solvent.

I put one coat.

Easiest way is to use ratlecan from Duplicolor and such.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not really good at painting so do you think a local body shop would take this kind of job? I really love CopueWithA"K" paint job and I know I cannot do a job like that half as good. :) Beautiful work there.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts