Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to improve the feel of the shifter even more on my 6 speed FE. The short shifter I just got pushed me down that rabbit hole lol. Does anyone know if SXTH Element’s shift bushings fit the FE manual as well? They seem like they could be a solid improvement so I’d like to get them if I can confirm they work with my car.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Looking to improve the feel of the shifter even more on my 6 speed FE. The short shifter I just got pushed me down that rabbit hole lol. Does anyone know if SXTH Element’s shift bushings fit the FE manual as well? They seem like they could be a solid improvement so I’d like to get them if I can confirm they work with my car.
Contact SXTH directly for their recommendation. I believe the shift mechanisms are different part numbers between the the GT and FE shifters, HOWEVER, the SXTH Boomba shift kit fit your FE so it's possible the shift bushings will work too, Might need to "take one for the team" and try them...LOL!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I’ll definitely contact them first. If they say they might fit but they aren’t sure I think I’ll order them up and give it a go anyway.
I just send them an email. We’ll see what they say. In the mean time, if anyone with a GT manual gets a spare second could you look at your shifter up by the transmission and see if the ends look similar to mine? Here’s a couple pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Looks like the SXTH aluminum bushings do away with the stock rubber bushings for a more solid no-flex feel.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the SXTH aluminum bushings do away with the stock rubber bushings for a more solid no-flex feel.
Yeah, that’s why I’m interested in them. The way it is is fine, but there’s a small amount of slop/flex in gear, especially 5th and 6th that I want to eliminate. I looked at the cables while someone else tried to move the shifter in gear and it does appear that most of the flex is from those factory rubber bushings.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I checked the part numbers: The FE and GT use the same Shift Control Cable part number - 43794-M7200. Looks like you could be in luck!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
and get this:

Both the FE and GT use the same part number for the transmission:

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the part numbers: The FE and GT use the same Shift Control Cable part number - 43794-M7200. Looks like you could be in luck!

View attachment 83716
Sweet! Looks like I’ll order it up. Thanks.
and get this:

Both the FE and GT use the same part number for the transmission:

View attachment 83717
Interesting. When I drove the GT back to back with my FE, the transmissions felt nearly identical, which would explain that. Iirc, the GT was geared slightly differently. Might have just been in my head since the GT has way more torque. The clutch was heavier on the GT I think though.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Sweet! Looks like I’ll order it up. Thanks.

Interesting. When I drove the GT back to back with my FE, the transmissions felt nearly identical, which would explain that. Iirc, the GT was geared slightly differently. Might have just been in my head since the GT has way more torque. The clutch was heavier on the GT I think though.
The Pressure Plates are different part numbers:
FE 41300-32101
GT 41300-32500

Ratios for 1.6 M:

Can't find the 2.0M tranny specs.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would explain the clutch weight difference. The GT pressure plate is probably stronger to take the extra power the turbo puts out. I could probably do a little ratio math to figure out top speed in each gear and then compare to my car but I’m too lazy lol

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting - thanks. Different final drive and slightly different gear ratios. So the GT is geared shorter - it’s not just in my head. Seems weird they’d have the same part numbers for the trans if the gearing is different.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Interesting - thanks. Different final drive and slightly different gear ratios. So the GT is geared shorter - it’s not just in my head. Seems weird they’d have the same part numbers for the trans if the gearing is different.
My thoughts exactly...but when you look at the parts book that's how it comes out.

I just rechecked and I get the same PN for the FE and GT - 43000-3D715

1 - 13 of 13 Posts