Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i bought some koup tail lights, would they fit the sedan? or is there a special version for the sedan? I dont like the red blinkers so much as i would prefer the white/amber blinkers.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Koup tailights are completely different than the sedan in size and shape. Please just use google and you will be able to see this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really, side by side they are about the same shape... please refrain from assuming i was ignorant and did not google it first, as thats the advice ive given multiple times to others for very simple questions. I asked because i recalled a similar question, and could not find anything relating on the forums after a few queries.

In fact, after some side by side comparisons, the color of the blinker is the only difference, and the color change makes the red look much slimmer, which is why you would reply saying they are so completely different in size and shape.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I believe the sedan tail lights are indeed a different size than the koup tail lights, many places seem to offer pre-cut tint films for the sedan, but not for the koup. I even emailed a few places asking if they had them for the koup and they all said no if they were the same size I'm sure they would have just told me to buy the one for the sedan. Also I think the sedan ones are larger, after just going over the pictures on google I noticed the the bottom of the sedan tail light slopes downward, whereas it looks like the koup one is fairly straight so I really don't think they're the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh i see that, im trying to see if there is a special option to change em out if they arent the same

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
really, side by side they are about the same shape... please refrain from assuming i was ignorant and did not google it first, as thats the advice ive given multiple times to others for very simple questions. I asked because i recalled a similar question, and could not find anything relating on the forums after a few queries.

In fact, after some side by side comparisons, the color of the blinker is the only difference, and the color change makes the red look much slimmer, which is why you would reply saying they are so completely different in size and shape.
Funny these don't look anywhere near the same to me. LOL If you notice the bumper shape underneath the tails is different as well. There is no way to switch tails from a koup to a sedan.

Pics below.
Red = Koup & White = Sedan

Proof is in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Change bumper, then change lights ooh and also the trunk lid.. looking at it thats a issue
yeah I dont know if that would work out

not worth the work for tail lights IMO

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Go order the tails for a Cerato in Asia. Their laws require amber signals unlike our stupid backwards laws here in North America.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Go order the tails for a Cerato in Asia. Their laws require amber signals unlike our stupid backwards laws here in North America.
That really is the only way to get the amber turn signals.

I asked my dealer if he could order Cerato parts, but he said he couldn't because they wouldn't be DOT certified... bummer. I did see some on eBay, though...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
see i like that. gona see what i can do, may post pics if i can get em.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lappa...I'm just wondering if you can now see the difference between the backends of the koup vs sedan? If not I have a Hundred dollar bill I need change for (hold out a $10)....Just joking by the way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as i said, as well, i wasnt sure and i said they kind of looked slimmer but i wanted a positive answer and a point in the right direction

1 - 14 of 14 Posts