Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so whats the best way to black out theses taillights? Covers? aftermarket lights? or is there a way to tint them?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Get a can of Nightshades I did mine, you can easily remove it if you don't like
Have you ever tried to remove it? What do you use? I did the tailights on my Hyundai Accent and they turned out real good (because I removed them from the car first) but I did the brake light in the spoiler (on the car) and it started to run so I tried to remove it with mineral spirits and no luck! Then I tried gasoline...no luck! That stuff penetrated into the lens and would not come off. I'm very afraid to even try it on my koup:eek:-unless you tell me what removes it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Have you ever tried to remove it? What do you use? I did the tailights on my Hyundai Accent and they turned out real good (because I removed them from the car first) but I did the brake light in the spoiler (on the car) and it started to run so I tried to remove it with mineral spirits and no luck! Then I tried gasoline...no luck! That stuff penetrated into the lens and would not come off. I'm very afraid to even try it on my koup:eek:-unless you tell me what removes it.
Sand paper...then wet sand, polish and wax.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i just got mine tinted, it looks amazing and was a quick install, aswell it is very very easy to take off if needed.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine look great but if I went to remove it I would try paint thinners

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well...when you said it could easily be removed I thought that was said from experience. I have tried, that stuff doesn't just wipe off! and sanding the lenses is not even an option. Thanks anyway rpps,kenny c, koupedout- I am gonna just use the smoked film so there is no chance of messing up the lenses. I'm doing the tail lights and head lights this weekend- I'll post pics soon. Thanks again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm doing the tail lights and head lights this weekend- I'll post pics soon. Thanks again.
Did the tail lights today with the smoked film- It turned out very good! The head lights are a different story...I'm gonna give up trying to use the smoke film on them. just can't get it right:( Anyone here done the headlights yet? I purchased the pre-cut smoked film from ebay and my tint guy tried it a couple weeks ago and failed...the pre-cut is not enough material to stretch to all the contours of the lens. I then purchased just a sheet of the film and we tried it again today and it just wont work! Hopefully GTS comes out with a head light cover soon and I'll just get that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has anyone found Pre-cut tint for foglights light? or whats the best way to tint the lights, i just ordered bulbs but i want the lenses to be yellow as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just did the nightshades myself. Looks sooooo good
Looks good, how many coats ?. I did 3 on mine it doesn't show out in photo but is much darker than the photo. As for removing nightshades I haven't even bothered worrying about that as it looks so good why remove it.
By the way did you put pinstripe on lower part of the grill too?

·
Registered
576 Posts
You will like it, i did 2 and a bit light coats and the lights look a nice deep red instead of that orangey red look

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks good, how many coats ?. I did 3 on mine it doesn't show out in photo but is much darker than the photo. As for removing nightshades I haven't even bothered worrying about that as it looks so good why remove it.
By the way did you put pinstripe on lower part of the grill too?
I didnt. Was going to but not too sure about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
also i did about 4 coats on mine. 2 hours after i finised letting them dry and installing them. I got rear ended : (

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Too dark CK? Wonder if there will be an issue with insurance if the lights weren't bright enough for the person behind you to see...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.