Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was looking to get a CAI on my Forte 5 SX and was looking at the Takeda CAI
and it looks nice but has a note at the bottom not for cars with fog lights.

is that for the koups or everything because the koup and the Forte 5 have different style fog lights

feedback anyone with a Takeda CAI that has fog lights dose it work???

and is Turbo-kits a good one to get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
bought one for my forte ex everything should be fine for me cause i dont have any fogs .... but in your case ... buy the Turbokits one.

the guy from the performance shop where i bought mine told me that the takeda woulndt fit on a forte whit fogs ... so its not good for you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does The takeda Cai work for 4speed auto forte sedan or no ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Takeda is compatible with fog lights only if you have the Koup, I have confirmed this as I have it on mine. I cannot speak for the sedans/5 door with fogs as I have not seen it for myself. I hope this was helpful :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess playing the waiting game right now anybody know how to get a hold of the Takenda people and ask them directly ?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Correct, ours does fit with the fog and on the AT :)

bought one for my forte ex everything should be fine for me cause i dont have any fogs .... but in your case ... buy the Turbokits one.

the guy from the performance shop where i bought mine told me that the takeda woulndt fit on a forte whit fogs ... so its not good for you.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The Koup's have an extended fog lamp bumper molding which ends up giving a little more room behind them plus makes it more aggressive looking.

·
Registered
234 Posts
soo only for the koup at/mt and not the sedan ex at?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I believe TK uses a smaller diameter filter than Takeda which fits behind the fog lamps on both sedan and koup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts