Kia Forte Forum banner

Takeda Cold Air Intake

26K views 73 replies 44 participants last post by  Cottreau 
#1 ·
See less See more
#17 ·
It'll all depend on how much you like that sound vs. fuel ecomony ...LOL

I haven't noticed any difference when I had CAI's in the past in real world driving.

#21 ·
Ok, so i bought my forte koup sx an almost the same day looked for a CAI lol, but coulnt find one. So i went a did a quick and cheapy. I just bought cone filter took all the plastic off the stock intake and stuck the cone right on the stock intake hose haha. It sounds awsome but one problem. My buddie works at kia and is in charge of service dept and parts. So i told him about my quicky and he started freaking out LITTERALLYYYY he said that the cpu which is located right next to the stock inake box on the right side has a vent conected to the box............................

Basicly its like this the stock air intake is made so that the air is not only sucked from front of the car but though the vents in the cpu so that the cpu can stay cool using the STOCK air intake............... Fucking rediculous so he insisted that i put my stock intake back on there becuase he said without the stock intake the cpu WILLl overheat and fry along with some other stuff and kia WILL NOT replace it. So. are there any aftermarket CAIs that are aware of that ??????

#29 ·
You are correct except for one thing...the factory air filter box has the ECU's heat sink in it for additional cooling. If you do not leave this cooling system in-place and fry your ECU then make sure you put the factory intake system back on before taking it to the dealer!

#31 ·
It looks promising. Has anyone ordered one yet? I really want the Takeda CAI, but I'm worried about the warranty. My service guy said aftermarket parts void the warranty on anything it touches, for instance, the CAI would void the warranty regarding any intake, combustion, exhaust, or ecm-related issues. But I could just put everything back to stock before I took it in... tough decision.

I've had contact with the AFE Power guys and they are really nice. Their shop is on the way to my workplace. :)

#32 ·
yeah it sure looks promising , I was on the fence for awhile just like you, and I've made the jump, I'm going to the dark side :D , ordered the Takeda for my Baby and we'll see how she does , I know TK did all the hard work and I was gonna go with them but the $$ and free shipping on the Tak from auto anything, made a big difference :eek: , should get it sometime next week
if anything happens to the car "Mechanically" I'll put the stock stuff back on and "voila" ,I 've been thinking about taking the car for maintenance elsewhere anyways , gotta good little mechanic shop near my work and the guy there is so freaking honest it's sick , yeah , shocking :eek: 'cause anywhere else they always try to rob you ,and of course honest prices so as long as I keep receipts and we use genuine parts , everything gonna be just Kosher
Don't know if I can post the deal on the forum :confused: , so pm me and I'll give you all the info and which sales rep to talk to (I'm in no way , shape or form affiliated with the mention store , nor that I collect anything from them) just to get clear:cool:
laters
PM can't wait 'till next week :mad:

#33 · (Edited)
Is it 50 state legal? I live in So. Cal. and I want to get one to improve my low end torque. I know its not going to be like a turbo, but I don't drive my car fast at all. I just want it to get up and go when I first touch that pedal. Its takes a while to respond.

Hey Davini, Do you drive a White 4 door in Riverside? I was out there the other day I believe on the 60 or 15 and saw a White Forte Sedan. I have a Titanium Koup. It was yesterday.

#37 ·
Hey Davini, Do you drive a White 4 door in Riverside? I was out there the other day I believe on the 60 or 15 and saw a White Forte Sedan. I have a Titanium Koup. It was yesterday.
lol... What a small world... why yes, yes I do. I work in Anaheim, so I spend a LOT of time on the 60/57 or 91/57. 18,000 miles since Feb 2010.

AFE is along the 91, off at McKinnley, left on Magnolia/6th and it's another couple of lefts to get to their shop. Nice folks. I didn't realize the bump in HP and torque was at the wheels. That's impressive.

I like the idea, in principle, but I am really worried about the warranty. The 10-year, 100,000 mile warranty is hard to give up, especially the way I put miles on... then again, in 2 more years, my 10-year/100,000 mile warranty will expire, so maybe I'll just have to wait a little while longer.

#36 ·
I'm really looking into a lot of aftermarket options for my Koup, but I haven't got around to reading the warranty just yet. I know people are going back and forth about whether aftermaket parts void the warranty or not, but wouldn't it be easier to just put your face in the book and find out for yourself?

#38 ·
#40 ·
Looks like they went with a smaller diameter tubing compared to TK but otherwise pretty close. Don't see a stabilizer mounting spot though, might be just hanging or resting on the filter. Wish they had more pics of it or a good description. They took out the factory air box so must also come with a bracket?

#39 ·
#41 ·
Hey guys, I put this intake in a week ago so if you have questions hit me up with a pm. I love it. sounds awesome. fit is great. definitely have to install it from the underside of the car. Filter placement is premium and easy to access in less than 5 min for cleaning etc. The end of the tube connects to the frame. real easy to get to as well.
Solid setup.
My favorite points are that it leaves the stick box in and intake housing for cooling the ECU. Doesn't need to be relocated.

Comes with a pre-filter, free cleaning kit, keychain, and license plate :p for $220 shipped from Autoanything.com

I'm glad I got it

#42 ·
Hey guys, I put this intake in a week ago so if you have questions hit me up with a pm. I love it. sounds awesome. fit is great. definitely have to install it from the underside of the car. Filter placement is premium and easy to access in less than 5 min for cleaning etc. The end of the tube connects to the frame. real easy to get to as well.
Solid setup.
My favorite points are that it leaves the stick box in and intake housing for cooling the ECU. Doesn't need to be relocated.

Comes with a pre-filter, free cleaning kit, keychain, and license plate :p for $220 shipped from Autoanything.com

I'm glad I got it
Was this before or after your Seafoam debacle...LoL!!!

Please post pics -- no one who claims to have installed one has posted pics yet...

#45 ·
insulated? isolated? Not sure what you are asking there. The bracket that they provide should hold the ECU in place. The other Kia models have the ECU by itself in the engine compartment. I think the Forte's just have it in the air box for convenience sake, why build a bracket when the airbox can support it.

#46 ·
it's in

better late then never , finally got the Takeda CAI , after that they told me it was on back order 'til the end of November, my hopes of getting it went up in smoke.....
it's in , and it sounds amazing ,I'm sure glad I've waited.
thanks to everyone who participated in this thread :D

Attachments

#48 ·
better late then never , finally got the Takeda CAI , after that they told me it was on back order 'til the end of November, my hopes of getting it went up in smoke.....
it's in , and it sounds amazing ,I'm sure glad I've waited.
thanks to everyone who participated in this thread :D
looks like you have an automatic...did you have to bend the tranny dipstick tube any?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.