Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer called me yesterday and told me my car came in! We scheduled the delivery for 8PM tonight.

I've been waiting for over a month! They couldn't find a black SX 6-sp anywhere.

I've got some mods already waiting to be put on the car.. I'll get to work tomorrow! :cool:

I'll post some pics up later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
congrats! Remember though, check it over thoroughly. 8pm could be getting dark. Check for body damage, ie chips, scratches, dents. There's a lot of Hyundia/Kia owners reporting delivery damage, I guess from the long ride from Korea until it finally hits the dealer. Once you leave the dealer it gets much harder to prove it was there on delivery. Good luck with your car.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Let us know how your transmission handles..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats!!!
..... :)..........

You're going to have a blast!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congrats! Remember though, check it over thoroughly. 8pm could be getting dark. Check for body damage, ie chips, scratches, dents. There's a lot of Hyundia/Kia owners reporting delivery damage, I guess from the long ride from Korea until it finally hits the dealer. Once you leave the dealer it gets much harder to prove it was there on delivery. Good luck with your car.
I'll double-check every square inch of the car before leaving the dealership, you can be sure! I like my cars CLEAN, I'm not leaving with a car that's got scratches and stuff!

I already took an appointment to have the windows tinted and another to have a 2-way alarm/starter installed.. I've got K emblems waiting to be installed, 4300k HIDs, 2500k fogs, various LEDs for interior/exterior.. Subwoofer is going in, Soundstream speakers/components, full 'dynamat' job. I'm considering ordering a set of H&R springs too, I'll see. :)

We'll also be waiting for a black LX model to come in, as I requested body color door handles and trims, instead of the SX chrome trims. Hopefully I don't have to wait for too long.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just took delivery on a black sx on Wednesday. There was a tiny scratch above the driver side fog light, and some minor swirl marks on the hood and near the rear trunk. They're bringing it back to touch up the scratch and buff the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I took delivery on my Black SX on Thursday and same deal, there was a paint drip from the factory paint around the passenger fog light and also some scratches in the paint itself around the car. A suggestion... where my dealership does delivery it's indoors... these additional scratches or marks I didn't notice until it was outside in the natural sunlight.. so have a look over outside as well! (I know if your case 8pm is already pretty dark out, just take your time !)
CONGRATS!!! I absolutely love mine!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't notice anything yesterday night, and today was very sunny outside and nothing caught my eye. :)

This morning, I installed the HIDs + fogs, K badges and hyperwhite leds for the interior, trunk, back up and license plate.

There is already some kind of coating inside the rear wheel wells, so I'll wait to see how it sounds before applying anything myself.

I love the car so far! :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats on the ride! We need pics!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hyperwhite map/dome LEDs. Sorry, I didn't have my tripod so the pic is blurry!

Rear emblem + debadged FORTE/SX

4300k HIDs + Nokya hyperyellow fogs. Nighttime visibility is EXCELLENT and the beam pattern is awesome, no glare or anything. Very clean.

I "dynamated" the trunk lid this morning. When I get more time, I'll do the trunk and will then be ready to install my subwoofer. :)

H&R springs will probably be ordered soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took delivery on my Black SX on Thursday and same deal, there was a paint drip from the factory paint around the passenger fog light and also some scratches in the paint itself around the car. A suggestion... where my dealership does delivery it's indoors... these additional scratches or marks I didn't notice until it was outside in the natural sunlight.. so have a look over outside as well! (I know if your case 8pm is already pretty dark out, just take your time !)
CONGRATS!!! I absolutely love mine!
Is the dealer going to do anything about it? Just so everyone knows, you don't have to accept delivery of a car that has scratches. I've refused delivery before, they don't like it, but you didn't pay for a damaged or retouched car.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I put in my subwoofer today (looking for a nice looking sealed enclosure instead of that POS enclosure i have now). Got a PAC LC-1 gain adjustment knob for it.. very useful!

I also got a complete 2-way alarm/starter with backup siren and everything installed. I couldn't believe the car didn't come with a factory alarm!

Windows were tinted on tuesday...

Next on the to-do list is to dynamat the trunk and doors, and try to find a way to quiet the wheelwells down a lil'.

I'll try to snap some nice pics tomorrow. I'll see how the weather is!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts