Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you are/work at dealerships, and this isn't made to take shots at you!

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to haggle and had success. I know going in at the end of the month and model year is a good way to get a better deal, but as I stated in a previous thread I'm going to be filling out the paperwork as soon as that black m/t hits their floor.

I was thinking about giving them the NADA data from here
Kia Forte Koup 2010 Coupes 2dr Cpe Man SX - Car Standard Equipment - NADAguides.com Official Site

Maybe that'll keep my price around MSRP if they know that I know what they paid for the car. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alot depends on the dealer. Mine offered my full NADA trade on my Ford Escape and sold my my Forte SX sedan at invoice and showed me the invoice:). They still get holdback money and will make money on the sale of the trade. You can check invoice pricing by going to Edmunds.com.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Don't forget there are always dealer kick backs and promotions etc. My experience is you can always get at least 5% off sticker. Sometimes more
depending on the car, inventory, etc. I was able to get about 5% off mine and a free iPod cable thrown in for good measures. Also helps if you have cash in hand. I took a loan from my bank and they paid me in advance. Walked into the dealer with a blank check. They were happy to deal with me

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a co worker that tried to bust them down over a few hundred dollars at one point and they held firm and said "thats it i am leaving" the dealer let them walk ... they called around and around.... and ended up calling back with their tail between their legs... lol

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
There is always a final price they won't go under. Should never be afraid to ask them for their best price and walk out with it to price compare. My dealership even gave the woman next to me an offer sheet in writing and let her walk to get other quotes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm an ex car salesman....I have done research on the KOUP SX and there is $1,700. markup if you buy the sunroof,mirror with compass and leather as I am going to do this summer....The FIRST thing they teach you in car school is "IF you make the person LOVE the car then price doesn't matter." So, guys remember, you have the rest of your life to LOVE your KOUP just don't let the salesman know that!!!!
Go to edmunds.com and get the invoice price, then figure that with a car like this
go for $100-200 over the INVOICE price and be fair about what you are looking for on your trade. Again, research edmunds on your trade in price as well...they will show dealer trade, private seller and dealer retailer on the car. Be realistic and choose a
figure between dealer trade and private seller. DO decide on your price you will pay and stick to that and BE Prepared to walk away and go to another dealer and get their price...(dealers trade cars with other dealers if they don't have the one a customer wants). Forget any "adjusted market value or other allready added dealer
extras!!! Finally, if they won't give you the price on a car they have ask them to order you one they way you want it from KIA if they want your business. BE NICE,
BUT FIRM and DON"T LET YOUR EMOTIONS RULE. Love the car AFTER you own it!

·
Registered
519 Posts
i decided to lease mine for the $189/month for 36 months with $1999 due at signing plus taxes and other fees came out to $190.90/month with $2600 down. They lowered the price of the car to lik $17,500... i thought the lease was a smart option incase they came out with a turbo AWD drive one within the next 3 years and if they dont i plan on buying it out at the end for about $9500

i just got it thurs... pics to come soon

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have a policy (unadvertised ;) ) that we will sell to anyone who will pay $500 over invoice. No haggle, no BS... just the pay the invoice plus the salesman's cut, and you've got a deal better than any other dealer in town. We're still going to add in destination and delivery, document fee, tire levy and tax, but you'll cut the dealership's main profit right off the top - and that's just fine. Plenty of people will walk in, start at MSRP and work down... and feel like they "stuck it to us" by saving $1,000... and we giggle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts