Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Tein a while ago asking if they were coming out with coilovers any time soon and I just got this reply today:

We apologize for the delayed reply. Testing has already been completed on
this vehicle and we expect to have product available before August 2011. We
plan on developing Basic, Superstreet and Superstreet with Pillowball
Uppermount coilovers and our S-Tech lowering springs. Please check our
website for updates on new products available. If you have any further
questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

TEIN U.S.A. Inc.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Phone: 562-861-9161
Fax: 562-861-9171
[email protected]

Time to save up haha

·
Registered
695 Posts
well thats good to know, I just found a shop that will be willing to do custom fabing to get better shocks and struts but I will wait if tein is coming out with something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have tein (pronounced "tain" newbs) flex coilovers on my miata and they own it all at each price point. I am saving up!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I WANT A COOKIE!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
425 Posts
And I again I have found my first suspension mod. I have Tein S-Tech Springs on my Ralliart and when the wife trades in the 2010 lease for a 2012 Forte 5 Door next year she gets a set as well.

I swear by Tein products, I have seen them take super handling cars and make them better. Both my best buddies have Tein suspension parts, coil overs on a tC and S-Tech's on a Protege5. Even the Basics will make your Forte a whole new car handling wise.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tein dropped them but I spoke with my connect at Ark and was told that they had a little delay due to moving to a new shop space and building a SEMA Veloster for Hyundai but by the end of October they should have some coils for the Koup. I'll let everyone know whats up when I find out and I'll take as many pics as I can post them as soon as I get to my computer afterwards :) just be patient lol stuff is coming

.....dont know if im supposed to share this or not either but there is a certain company located here in SoCal that is working on a flash for both the 2.0 & 2.4 :) idk much else other than that

·
Registered
425 Posts
.....dont know if im supposed to share this or not either but there is a certain company located here in SoCal that is working on a flash for both the 2.0 & 2.4 :) idk much else other than that
I know one thing about flashing, its that it is price inefficient. I have never been a fan of it compared to Piggy Back ECU's and Timing/Fuel Controllers. The issue with flashes is that if you change an intake, exhaust, cam, pulley you have to get the car reflashed or it may not run right or optimally. With a Piggy you can just hook in and change the parameters as needed. I had my SX4 on the dyno after every new part install or change getting the fuel remapped even if it was just a slight move somewhere.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I was curious and hit Tein up and got this on 5/4/12

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have plans on developing a coilover kit for the vehicle. We will have our S.Tech lowering springs late to early next year for the vehicle.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

TEIN USA
Operations Staff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.