Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but I had a question that maybe some of you can answer.

As you know the EX Koup doesn't have a temperature gauge but just a warning light on the fuel gauge side.

I was wondering if anyone who has a EX Koup has found any good aftermarket temperature gauges? This is really my only complaint of this car and unfortunately I would have bought a SX Koup but the dealership over by didn't get any in the 2010 model.

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unless he/she's in canada. They don't do metric. I'd be all over that if it did.

That's my only complaint about my EX...especially now that it's cold outside. After hearing on here people that have clunky engines after starting in the cold it makes me nervous heading out on my commute while my engine is still cold.

I know it won't damage the engine but it's just comforting, almost like stretching before a workout, sure you might not pull anything but it's better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
103 Posts
you could save some money and just turn on the fan till it starts blowing in warm air :p thats an easy way to see if the engine is warm lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so why didnt you simply go to another dealership?
Its a long complicated story but I will share a few details:

None of the other dealerships had any 2010's left in stock. There was a deal at my local dealership that would take 5000 for any trade in for any 2010 Kia cars. The only Koup they was a titanium EX but to be honest I enjoy my car. Its great on gas and its my daily so I can't really complain. Plus I already have a few toys. I have a Nissan Silvia S14 and a 1990 Miata. My only complaint was that it does not have a temperature gauge and was looking to see if anyone has done some research on the subject.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Its a long complicated story but I will share a few details:

None of the other dealerships had any 2010's left in stock. There was a deal at my local dealership that would take 5000 for any trade in for any 2010 Kia cars. The only Koup they was a titanium EX but to be honest I enjoy my car. Its great on gas and its my daily so I can't really complain. Plus I already have a few toys. I have a Nissan Silvia S14 and a 1990 Miata. My only complaint was that it does not have a temperature gauge and was looking to see if anyone has done some research on the subject.
and very good response to MS

(and yes- we will help you find a gauge)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just go Ultragauge. Nice and cheap and you can easily figure our Fahrenheit temps compared to Celsius if you use metric in your country.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What! That Ultraguage thing looks too good to be true. I might have to pick up one of those suckers sometime soon...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.