Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tested out their stock alarm to see how good it really works? well its notgood at all. you literally have to break the window or actually force the door open and actually open for it to go off. i've tested but actually sitting in the car with the alarm on and then opening the door. still doesnt go off. i rolled down my windows locked it from the outside and open the door that way, still doesnt go off. i literally tried to open the door by pulling the handle and letting it slam back down still doesnt go off. WTF? is there any settings where u can make it more sensitive or what? does anyone feel like even if the doors are locked and the alarm is set, your car and belongins inside aren't safe?

·
Registered
350 Posts
thats just an emergency button for you to use in case you cant find your car in a parking lot or you just so happen to see someone about to break in your car you could also press it then to deter them.. most cars have an emergency button on the key fob.

·
Registered
350 Posts
all of my old cars and my moms cars have the panic button. it is used for what i just told you.

it comes in handy for me, i always forget where i parked haha.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Most cars have the panic button, just makes the horn beep until you turn the panic button off. Getting a actual car alarm would be better for you since it will have a shock sensor and a warn away alarm.

Good thing you didnt try to break the glass to prove a point.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What led you to believe you had a factory alarm system? Just the fact you had a panic button on the back of the fob? Most cars don't have alarms from the factory and if they do only go off when unlocking the doors from inside manually after locking with fob.

IMO alarm systems are a waste. By the time you get a visual on your car the thief has taken what they wanted and bolted. If they wanted to actually steal my car, I'd rather them take it and never give it back. Nothing worse than having a stolen car returned to you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
sje0123 -

I have a great idea! Send me a PM with your home address, and a date and time, and be sure to leave your keys inside your Forte, unlocked. I am sure I will have no idea why your lovely car isn't in your driveway later on that day.......... :rolleyes:

By the way, the alarm that comes with the KIA Factory Remote Start works pretty well (automatic tranny only). The hood, all doors (I have a Sedan), and the trunk are all protected. Open anything, and the alarm SCREAMS like a panic-stricken teen girl is inside, being accosted by a hormonally-enraged Justin Beiber (can you visualize that?)

Anywho... just my two cents

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
sje0123 -

I have a great idea! Send me a PM with your home address, and a date and time, and be sure to leave your keys inside your Forte, unlocked. I am sure I will have no idea why your lovely car isn't in your driveway later on that day.......... :rolleyes:

By the way, the alarm that comes with the KIA Factory Remote Start works pretty well (automatic tranny only). The hood, all doors (I have a Sedan), and the trunk are all protected. Open anything, and the alarm SCREAMS like a panic-stricken teen girl is inside, being accosted by a hormonally-enraged Justin Beiber (can you visualize that?)

Anywho... just my two cents
So you leave your keys in your car unlocked on a regular basis? Interesting.. later time I checked an alarm doesn't go off when keys are used.:rolleyes:

If you have a GPS on the windshield an alarm isn't going to deter a theif. It doesn't even go off until the window is broken. After that its 5 seconds to finish the job.

·
Registered
695 Posts
the best way to protect your car is to hide anything of value out of site. Thieves want to be in and out fast before anyone knows what happens. Having an alarm system should make them think twice but once it goes off then they will either finish the job or run.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wonder when they're going to start issuing GPS chips with every car sold. The thieves may be able to find the chips but it would definitely make their lives a lot more complicated

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what made me think i had an alarm was that the thing u press twice when it honks. i had two cars and never had this feature so i had no idea about it. when i found out about the honk i was like o cool a stock alarm

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
what made me think i had an alarm was that the thing u press twice when it honks. i had two cars and never had this feature so i had no idea about it. when i found out about the honk i was like o cool a stock alarm

Gotcha. I'm pretty sure every car has the "honk" feature when you lock it. Some you can turn off and others only honk when pushing lock button twice. It's just a confirmation that your vehicle is locked. It's because if the door is open a little it cannot lock. If it cannot lock the horn won't honk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts