Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas SFR Tune Weekend #6 - GenSport TX

I know this was started on the Genesis Coupe side and thus I am new here with no posts, but I am a former moderator on gencoupe.com by the name of WildBill and have almost 9k posts over there if you wanted to know. Since Jay has worked some great tunes on the Velosters, we think it would be awesome to get some KDM brothers out for the tune day as well if you are interested.

SFR is looking to come back yet again to TX after receiving requests from several people. As usual, we will first work interest to see what everyone is wanting/needing and where to work out locations. In speaking with Jay, he has suggested trying to come down the weekend of May 30th-June 1st in a little over a month if we can get enough interest in time. Otherwise, it would get pushed two months as he will be traveling to Korea for his annual month over there catching up on all things KDM to bring back to us state-side.

So, let's get this started shall we? Please add your name to the list AND then copy and paste the below with your information in it so that we can properly gauge out the interest and time needed. *Remember* We need to get at least 10 *NEW* tunes of interest for him to come down meaning 10 total never before tuned cars whether they are getting a canned tune or custom tune. If you have any questions, feel free to ask 013GenCoupe or myself and we will do our best to get you the info you need.

Username:
Year:
Engine:
Transmission:
Engine Performance Mods (Expected by Tune Day):
Are you Currently tuned:
If yes, what level of tune:
What level of tune do you want:

For those wanting general information about SFR tunes and tuning processes, please let me know and I can send info your way

GenSport TX SFR Texas Tune Weekend #6 Prices

*PLEASE NOTE* - These prices are for any vehicle that is anywhere from stock to full bolt on. If you have extensive modifications (i.e. injectors, meth injection, bigger turbo, turbo/sc a normally NA motor, etc.) your price will most likely be different to account for the extra time needed to get it setup. If you are not sure if you fall into this group, please ask Jay directly at ** notating that you are a part of the TX tune interest and he will let you know what your price will be.

*Genesis Coupes*

Gen Coupe MY 10-12 2.0T - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Gen Coupe MY 13-14+ 2.0T - $500 canned, $650 custom + dyno fee
Gen Coupe MY 10-12 3.8L V6 - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Gen Coupe MY 13-14+ 3.8L V6 - $500 canned, $650 custom + dyno fee
Spare ECU - 2010-14 2.0T - $250, 2010-14 3.8L V6 - $350

*Velosters*

VT NA - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
VT Turbo - $450 canned, $600 custom + dyno fee
Spare ECU - M/T $350, A/T $380

*Sonata*

Sonata NA - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Sonata Turbo - $450 canned, $600 custom + dyno fee
Spare ECU - $350

*Tiburons*

All Tiburons - $350 canned, $500 custom
Spare ECU - $150 for 2.0L I4, $200 for 2.7L V6

*Optima*

Optima NA - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Optima Turbo - $450 canned, $600 custom + dyno fee
Spare ECU - $350

*Forte*

Forte 2.0 NA - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Forte 2.4 NA - $400 canned, $550 custom + dyno fee
Spare ECU - $250

***RETUNE***
$200 for returning customers for bolt ons
ASK for turbo/injector tunes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We already have 29 in on this event. Anyone else want in let me know!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just recently put a turbo on my NA forte koup (2.4). It's possible to tune the stock ECU right. I will worry about a spare ECU later on. How much would it run to tune, and also where is the event being held? Or if anything do you guys "tune" piggyback systems? Thanks!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just recently put a turbo on my NA forte koup (2.4). It's possible to tune the stock ECU right. I will worry about a spare ECU later on. How much would it run to tune, and also where is the event being held? Or if anything do you guys "tune" piggyback systems? Thanks!
Someone on koup squad (Facebook) is having issues getting an inspection after tuning his stock ecu instead of tuning an extra one. Irk all the details but he is having a hard time because even if he buys a spare for inspections the vin doesn't match. It's worth looking into.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have messaged Jay and will relay back any info I get to your questions, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone on koup squad (Facebook) is having issues getting an inspection after tuning his stock ecu instead of tuning an extra one. Irk all the details but he is having a hard time because even if he buys a spare for inspections the vin doesn't match. It's worth looking into.
If you mean emissions/safety inspection, that seems weird as all they are usually looking for is the readiness codes to show good and not failed/pending. That being said, at least in the Gen Coupe platform, Jay pulls your stock data, VIN etching included, and saves it in case you ever want to go back to stock and then tunes from there from your original stock data. If you go with a secondary ECU, he then writes the modified data to the new ECU that was your original info plus the new tune parameters. So, there is never an issue with VIN mismatch or similar.

I will confirm this with him, though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Like I said I don't know the complete details, The guy who is having the problems is Robert Fisher on koup squad, this info may help him out. Appreciate the response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said I don't know the complete details, The guy who is having the problems is Robert Fisher on koup squad, this info may help him out. Appreciate the response.
No worries. Do you happen to know where he is located?

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
He's on the east coast and BTR tuned it. Looks like he'd already bought a new ecu though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's on the east coast and BTR tuned it. Looks like he'd already bought a new ecu though.
Ah ok. Yeah, from what I understand and assuming nothing has changed/updated BTRcc have a single pulled ECU stock map they create all their maps from and then put on ECUs. That is why you have to buy a secondary ECU. The map they drop on the ECU for everyone won't match the VIN and other parameters. The upside is you have the tune on a spare ECU so that if there is problems (for most people) you can switch back to the stock ECU and work through it with the tuner. With bigger builds like taking a NA and going FI, that doesn't fly as well. BTRcc's tuner is also flown in from Korea, so there is can be a bit of work communication wise if there is an issue to work out though I will say Sam with BTRcc is very good with communication and customer service from everything I have experienced and heard.

I know that Jay tuned a turbo Forte down here in Houston the last time he was here though I don't recall all the outcome information because his was the last car of the weekend and I was beat by then from strapping cars on the dyno. Depending on where Robert is on the east coast, Jay's shop is in West Chester, PA. Robert could potentially reach out to Jay if he is interested.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am definitely interested in getting tuned. Having the car run on the piggyback system is highly annoying (stalling). I have sent Jay an e-mail, so just waiting on his response. Thanks for the info WildBill!!:smile2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts