Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't really describe it but now that I've had my car for 3 weeks now and have almost 2k miles on it, it feels like its broken in now. Monday night a Jetta wanted to try me out and I gave him a run for his money. Honestly, it impressed the shit outta me that I was able to get about 5-6 car lengths on him in 4th gear and no where near redlining. Lol. Not trying to knock VW because I have an 01 1.8t Passat. But back on subject, when I was running with this Jetta my car felt as if it was settled in and broken in. Make sense?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been driving their car a lot, I was thinking that I had been driving a lot having 1600 miles on it in my first month or so... I guess it was unjustified :)

The manual says to stay under 4k rpm for the first 650 miles if i remember right, but I waited until 1500 or so to start pushin the engine more often to be safe :) Good luck, have fun!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been driving their car a lot, I was thinking that I had been driving a lot having 1600 miles on it in my first month or so... I guess it was unjustified :)

The manual says to stay under 4k rpm for the first 650 miles if i remember right, but I waited until 1500 or so to start pushin the engine more often to be safe :) Good luck, have fun!

Haha I started pushing my engine on the first day!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Can't really describe it but now that I've had my car for 3 weeks now and have almost 2k miles on it, it feels like its broken in now. Monday night a Jetta wanted to try me out and I gave him a run for his money. Honestly, it impressed the shit outta me that I was able to get about 5-6 car lengths on him in 4th gear and no where near redlining. Lol. Not trying to knock VW because I have an 01 1.8t Passat. But back on subject, when I was running with this Jetta my car felt as if it was settled in and broken in. Make sense?
Which model do you have? Just wondering because I usually don't even get to take mine out of 3rd since it will keep me up to 80-90 if I remember right.. and you were that quick in 4th.. hmm :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well luckily for me I have a second vehicle to use if I don't want to add a whole lot of miles to my Koup.

Haha I started pushing my engine on the first day!
I wanted to as well, but I knew for a fact that I had to break it in just right. My patience was wearing thin and when I finally broke 1500 miles I got on it. Lol.

It was really hard not to, I really had to force myself to take it easy, there were a few 'lapses' though :p
Uh huh, same here. :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which model do you have? Just wondering because I usually don't even get to take mine out of 3rd since it will keep me up to 80-90 if I remember right.. and you were that quick in 4th.. hmm :p
Koup EX. I was rolling in 5th gear and when the other car wanted to run, I just downshifted into 4th gear and got on his ass. I was able to maneuver around him and pass him in the right lane. All in 4th gear too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Koup EX. I was rolling in 5th gear and when the other car wanted to run, I just downshifted into 4th gear and got on his ass. I was able to maneuver around him and pass him in the right lane. All in 4th gear too.
Ahh Ok, very nice, I tend to just skip right through 4th and down to 3rd from 5th when I want to do anything, not even sure if I've tried in 4th... I'll have to see how it is in the sedan EX on my way home lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I would downshift from 5th to 3rd in my Passat I hated the way it felt. So I started downshifting into 4th and running. I was able to either hold up well against other cars or pass them, thanks to my 1.8t. Lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts

have had mine for just over 2 months, and have 3,748 miles. I love driving.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Loving it!

I think I waited till I had about 250kms....before I had to open it up.
I may be corrected, as I'm sure if I am mistaken...I will be corrected, however cars these days do not really have a 'break in period'.

Anyways, its great to hear that you are enjoying your new ride!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I waited til about 55 miles, which is, when I got it and drove it a ways away from the dealership
lol
not a problem so far except some weird occasional squeaking from the front when going very slow on a bumpy road. thinking it may just be the chassis flexing, which will be remedied when I get sway bars, strut tower bars, and all that mess..?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
jnr82 I agree about the break in thing my car is at 1,180 miles and I already changed the oil just cause I'm like that on the first oil change.. anyway
I've noticed my motor is starting to want to rev more and feels like its just starting to want to go
I know like others posted the break in is like only 500 miles in the book. but I think the motor is still green then at 500

·
Registered
15 Posts
I waited til about 55 miles, which is, when I got it and drove it a ways away from the dealership
lol
not a problem so far except some weird occasional squeaking from the front when going very slow on a bumpy road. thinking it may just be the chassis flexing, which will be remedied when I get sway bars, strut tower bars, and all that mess..?

Besides myself, I know of one other owner who has a squeek as well. Hard to isolate but then I grabbed the passenger seat and pulled it toward me with modest pressure and the squeek stopped. Give it a try.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So my passenger seat is starting to get real wobbly and rattles a lot when I go over bumpy roads. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Im ABOUT to hit 3000 miles on mine.. I think its broken in enough by now lol. Once I hit 3000 miles, im gonna push some gears to redline and see where i get lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts