·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has to be red if you're putting it in the tail lights!!!!
even if the tail light glass is red..???...I don't think so!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
even if the tail light glass is red..???...I don't think so!

YES, even if the lens is red, if you're using LEDs, they have to be RED.

I'll say it one more time.

If you're replacing your tail-light bulbs with LEDs, they have to be replaced with RED (if the lens color is red), and amber (if the lens color is amber)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If you're replacing your tail-light bulbs with LEDs, they have to be replaced with RED (if the lens color is red), and amber (if the lens color is amber)
ok and for two intensity, what kind of bulb I need?

Thx for you help!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

This is correct. If you don't get red you won't even see the light.

ok and for two intensity, what kind of bulb I need?

Thx for you help!
honestly, I'd avoid LED bulbs for brake/tail lights. They will not be very visible. You will lose illumination and the housing for the light won't light up correctly.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

honestly, I'd avoid LED bulbs for brake/tail lights. They will not be very visible. You will lose illumination and the housing for the light won't light up correctly.
I agree with the first point, i beg to differ with the second. But i won't argue it since we're each entitled to our opinions.

as for the bulbs you need
Red ones

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts

Pictured is my sedan with factory bulbs and Koup with 1157R (red) LED bulbs (not brake lights). I agree that the LEDs DO NOT illuminate the housing...the light is concentrated at the bulb. The bulbs themselves are very visible. I didn't like them at first because they don't illuminate the housing as well as the regular bulbs do...but everyone that mentions them says they look "sinister and evil". The further away you are from the LED equipped lights the smaller the bulb light appears so that it looks like eyeballs inside the housings...LoL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Pictured is my sedan with factory bulbs and Koup with 1157R (red) LED bulbs (not brake lights). I agree that the LEDs DO NOT illuminate the housing...the light is concentrated at the bulb.

And that's exactly why I say what I say. Without illuminating the housing you are losing visibility. The reflective housing is what makes the visibility of a light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts