Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! My name is Don and I just purchased a 2020 Forte GT 6 speed in Fire Orange. I've owned it for about 3 weeks and i enjoy driving this car. My first Kia and my first Korean car. My background has mostly been AE86 Corollas back in the 90's and had a 2008 Subaru Impreza STI.

My Forte's mods so far is a K&N air filter, Whiteline lower engine mount bushings and DDM Tuning 9006 yellow fog light bulbs. My next mods I have next are:
1. Whiteline front sway bar adjustable endlinks
2. Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings
3. Synapse Engineering diverter valve

and more to come......

I've decided to do a light tune with this car. It seems that this engine responds well to mods and has more power to dollar ratio than a EJ257B Subaru engine.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
13 Posts
Hi! My name is Don and I just purchased a 2020 Forte GT 6 speed in Fire Orange. I've owned it for about 3 weeks and i enjoy driving this car. My first Kia and my first Korean car. My background has mostly been AE86 Corollas back in the 90's and had a 2008 Subaru Impreza STI.

My Forte's mods so far is a K&N air filter and DDM Tuning 9006 yellow fog light bulbs. My next mods I have next are:
1. Whiteline front sway bar adjustable endlinks
2. Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings
3. Synapse Engineering diverter valve

and more to come......

I've decided to do a light tune with this car. It seems that this engine responds well to mods and has more power to dollar ratio than a EJ257B Subaru engine.
welcome. I’m looking to buy a 2020 GT as well. How hard was it to swap out the fog lamp bulbs?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really easy if you have a lift, jack/jack stands, or ramps. Just gotta drop the undertray. Pop n swap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed using SXTH Element Greddy BOV adapter. The diverter valve is a Greddy BOV replacement kit.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have removed the K&N air filter and replaced it with a Green Air Filter. I have used these before on my STI, but I almost forgot about them. They are a little louder than the K&N, also more rigid. It feels more responsive with the Green. It took them a while to send it, only because of the current circumstances. I like the slightly louder induction noise. It still doesn't sound like a turbo engine, which i was aiming for. Hyundai/KIA did an excellent job of masking the turbocharger noises.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just installed Whiteline front sway bar endlinks and eibach camber bolts.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More Whiteline goodness. The rear sway bar that fits the Hyundai Veloster, Elantra Sport, and Elantra GT hatchback fits the Forte GT.

Looks like the factory rear is a decent 17-18mm diameter.

Also, last night, i went and indexed the spark plugs. For a new car, it seemed to misfire at cold start and run a little rough. I'm happy to report that the cold start misfires went away and the powerband feels more smooth. My engine seems to like the spark plug ground pointing towards the exhaust valves. I've been fortunate to have the spark plugs point in the general direction. I only had to swap cylinders #2 & #3.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I was so curious about the Velossa Tech big mouth that I decided to try anyways. It fits, but not perfectly. If they decide to make one for the Forte GT, I'll swap, but for now, it's installed. This is for a Elantra GT N Line.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
Ok. I was so curious about the Velossa Tech big mouth that I decided to try anyways. It fits, but not perfectly. If they decide to make one for the Forte GT, I'll swap, but for now, it's installed. This is for a Elantra GT N Line.

Have you noticed a considerable difference without tuning after adding the big mouth?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. Especially when I'm moving. Makes sense due to the velocity stack design and it being positioned in a high pressure area. I have no test data, but I have been stepping more lighter on the gas at freeway speeds this morning and basing my information on the mpg meter. I am giving my input to Dave(owner) at Velossa Tech and we should see a proper application for the Forte GT.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
That's awesome!
I ordered the aFe cold air intake, do you think it'd be compatible with that?
I'll email him too if you think it'll help see there's more interest in a forte product

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's awesome!
I ordered the aFe cold air intake, do you think it'd be compatible with that?
I'll email him too if you think it'll help see there's more interest in a forte product
That intake utilizes the radiator support, like the factory piece, so yes.

Emailing would probably help. We gotta show interest if we want parts. I'm also on his FB discussion page.

I emailed Borla and inquired about an exhaust system. They don't have plans but they are monitoring the market. They have an exhaust for Forte LXS and EX models for now.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
I just installed Whiteline front sway bar endlinks and eibach camber bolts.

Which camber bolts from eibach did you use? I only see ones for the Hyundai genesis, will these work? I'm also planning to get the sway bars and spring kit from eibach once their adjustable end links are back in stock.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Which camber bolts from eibach did you use? I only see ones for the Hyundai genesis, will these work? I'm also planning to get the sway bars and spring kit from eibach once their adjustable end links are back in stock.
If it's
Eibach 5.81260K
then yes.

Also, make sure you install the lock washer as per instructions and progressively torque to specs. People have claimed they slip, but I have never had one slip. Besides, camber bolts are ok for street use. I would think the reason why people say they slip is most likely due to improper installation and/or torque, and probably have tires too sticky ie slicks. If your going to race, I would suggest camber plates. The bolts are fine with street tires.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
Yup those are the ones.
Do you think i can get away with the factory links with the sway bars or wait for the adjustable ones? I see that white line has just the rear ones but not front links. I might get those and wait for eibachs front links for an upgrade.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup those are the ones.
Do you think i can get away with the factory links with the sway bars or wait for the adjustable ones? I see that white line has just the rear ones but not front links. I might get those and wait for eibachs front links for an upgrade.
You can, for now, since they are pretty new. They are easy to remove and replace. But, the less time you spend under there working on it, the better. Temptation, I tell ya. Lol

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
Haha yeah. Follow up question, the eibach bars are non-adjustable vs the whitelines are adjustable. Would I be better off with whiteline?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha yeah. Follow up question, the eibach bars are non-adjustable vs the whitelines are adjustable. Would I be better off with whiteline?
I'm sure the eibach ones are fine, but I like to tune it to my liking. Eibach springs and the sway bars are already set up for each other. If you are going with Eibach springs, I would use Eibach sways if you can afford it. They cost more than the Whiteline sway bars, though. Whiteline does not have springs so I would assume they did testing with the factory suspension.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts