Kia Forte Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Did you have to do any cutting of the undercover?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Did you have to do any cutting of the undercover?
I did. I have another cover sitting in the garage since the original one is cracked. It's going to be my template for the replacement cover.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Even better with the lower 2 point bar. Front suspension feels solid and no more axle tramp! Next up, 4 wheel alignment this weekend.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Getting an alignment done........aiming for a "square" set up. Zero toe/-2 degrees camber. I can't wait to take her for a spin.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Settings are proper and "just about right" for SoCal roads and freeways. I think at this point the suspension is done. I think my next set of tires will be Pirelli PZ4. Nothing wrong with the General GMax RS tires. It's just I'm looking at longevity for tire life and want to do a traditional tire rotation. The Generals are directional tires.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Is it aligned?
Yes! Way better handling, the wheels look more flush and no rubbing. I went and had the alignment shop adjust to zero toe, and -2 degrees camber. The caster is good, stock. Good grip entering freeways. Alignment is one of my favorite mods/tweaks. It's a totally different car. It feels like a BMW, as it should thanks to Albert Biermann.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The coil overs are adjustable - you can lower it or raise it. Do you know how high you can raise it - just curious?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
The coil overs are adjustable - you can lower it or raise it. Do you know how high you can raise it - just curious?
Off the ST suspension website:

Front Lowering: 0.8" to 1.6"

Rear Lowering: 1.0" to 2.0"

I'm assuming that the smaller numbers are max lift height since the shock bodies are shorter than OEM.

·
Registered
221 Posts
1) How was the negative camber corrected in the front? Camber bolts?
2) Did you get the X or XA ST coilovers?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
1) How was the negative camber corrected in the front? Camber bolts?
2) Did you get the X or XA ST coilovers?
I have camber bolts. The coilover are the XA series. Also, the coilover top knuckle bolt holes are slotted to increase adjustability for camber with OEM bolts.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Looks like the suspension has settled.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Do you have the adjustments at their lowest settings or can you lower it some more?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Do you have the adjustments at their lowest settings or can you lower it some more?
It's got about 1/2" more front and back. It's just about right for me. My daily driver. I don't want to worry about scraping the bottom everywhere i go. I got a finger gap in the wheel wells.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts