Kia Forte Forum banner
201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Fumoto! Had it laying around for a few years. It was supposed to be for my VW, but my brand new VW kept going to the dealer for warranty repair, so i got rid of it and had spare parts. Luckily, it is the same valve for my Forte! Also, that annoying fan shroud rattle got unbearable, so i shoved a washer behind the top passenger side fan shroud mount. Bye bye, annoying rattle!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
(y)(y)

Time to paint the calipers...😀

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Yup. Broke down and joined the intake club. Also, adding something from the Hyundai N. I had to send the intake to my brother who lives out of state. I may get it this week.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yup. Broke down and joined the intake club. Also, adding something from the Hyundai N. I had to send the intake to my brother who lives out of state. I may get it this week.
Which intake did you decide on?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 · (Edited)
Ordered a closed box afe intake, received a closed box intake package, opened the box to find an open box stage 2 intake.:mad:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
I sent the intake back to Summit Racing. I have a feeling I'm going to get a refund instead of an exchange with the intakes on backorder. Oh well, I guess JB4 will have to do.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I sent the intake back to Summit Racing. I have a feeling I'm going to get a refund instead of an exchange with the intakes on backorder. Oh well, I guess JB4 will have to do.
That sucks!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
I did my oil change and my catch can is empty when i tried dumping the blow by gunk. Since Total Quartz isn't readily available, the Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 is an excellent substitute. If there was any oil consumption, i couldn't tell based on the oil dipstick.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I did my oil change and my catch can is empty when i tried dumping the blow by gunk. Since Total Quartz isn't readily available, the Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 is an excellent substitute. If there was any oil consumption, i couldn't tell based on the oil dipstick.
I recently went to drain my catch can and there was a trace of oil/gunk in it (only a few hundred miles since install)...still better in there then on the intake valves!

201 - 220 of 251 Posts