Kia Forte Forum banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,114 Posts
Hamster-GT, Looking at your picture of the Wagner intercooler it just dawned on me that it looks like your front air bag sensor is in front of your radiator support. I find this odd because the service manual shows it to be in back of the radiator support and says you have to remove the air box to get to it. In your case you'd have to remove the front bumper cover to replace it!

Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

UPDATE: It is the buzzer you hear when you use your Key FOB...LOL!

Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Intercooler impression......
I barely notice turbo lag. I can feel more power throughout the powerband, especially midrange and up top. I can pass staying in 6th gear, and downshift to 5th if I mean it. MPG came back to stock levels once the ecu adjusted. Power stays more consistent. Shifting up and down is alot more smooth. During downshifts, the engine doesn't feel held back/restricted which helps smooth out engine braking. Intercooler stays cold!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,114 Posts
Is it quiet?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
One thing is for sure...you have a super exhaust shop!!! I don't know of anyone around me that can weld that nicely!

You should talk them into making a commercial product!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Any chance of a video so we can hear it in action?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Car goes on lift.......looks like I need new tires. It's been a little over 25k miles anyways.
Going with Yokohama Advan Apex 601.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Thanks! It took me awhile to find a muffler shop that does stainless mandrel bends with an excellent welder in SoCal. Luckily, the shop was the closest one, about almost 2 hours drive away. There are other excellent shops, but the drive is over 2 hours.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
One thing is for sure...you have a super exhaust shop!!! I don't know of anyone around me that can weld that nicely!

You should talk them into making a commercial product!
They are a very small shop that does a lot of one offs. It would overwhelm them. He took his time making sure every bit of detail is covered.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
They are a very small shop that does a lot of one offs. It would overwhelm them. He took his time making sure every bit of detail is covered.
AND IT SHOWS! Nice job!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
51 Posts
That's great work and I like the approach. I'd like different tips on mine, just simple round ones, stock diameter, on the stock exhaust, and black. Just not enough to cut the factory oval ones of and bolt on some ricey tip. This looks great and a good subtle solution over stock. Great craftsmanship too, if I went through the trouble of changing the look of the tips I'd probably look your direction for sure!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
That's great work and I like the approach. I'd like different tips on mine, just simple round ones, stock diameter, on the stock exhaust, and black. Just not enough to cut the factory oval ones of and bolt on some ricey tip. This looks great and a good subtle solution over stock. Great craftsmanship too, if I went through the trouble of changing the look of the tips I'd probably look your direction for sure!
Thanks! While researching for muffler shops, it took some time to find someone who did mandrel bends with stainless steel. I'm very satisfied.

281 - 300 of 303 Posts