Kia Forte Forum banner
321 - 340 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,193 Posts
I can hear the off throttle gurgles more! It should be louder when the ceramic packing breaks in.
Are you going to replace all the exhaust pipe from the cat back too? Same shop?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Are you going to replace all the exhaust pipe from the cat back too? Same shop?
Only from the cat to where the oem resonator ends. The shop I took it to was a different one (in the neighborhood). It was a straight shot and I didn't need any mandrel bending services. I had it to where the piping is 2-1/2" all the way through. The stock actually bottlenecks after the 2nd catalytic converter to the resonator (2-1/4" approximately), and then it's 2-1/2" after the resonator, and then reduces again at the tailpipes.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
366 Posts
Afe has the Takeda intakes on sale for $318 if anyone is interested...
So I initially called to verify stock status before ordering the intake and verified this was for sure in stock before ordering it on the 21st. The lady said she even double checked to make sure it was in stock. Now I find out it is backordered 12 to 15 weeks out. After being lied to like this I will never buy from this company again. Do your self a favor guys, buy from someone who is upfront and doesn't lie about stock status just to make a sale.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,193 Posts
So I initially called to verify stock status before ordering the intake and verified this was for sure in stock before ordering it on the 21st. The lady said she even double checked to make sure it was in stock. Now I find out it is backordered 12 to 15 weeks out. After being lied to like this I will never buy from this company again. Do your self a favor guys, buy from someone who is upfront and doesn't lie about stock status just to make a sale.
Your intake is most likely sitting on one of those ships anchored off the California Coast...LMAO!!!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
I bought my intake through Summit Racing. They seem to have a more accurate turnaround time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They didn't he same thing to me months ago. Acted like it was in stock and took my money without saying anything.

Cancelled and found a place that was upfront and even sent me an email of their orders/allocation status...

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
366 Posts
They didn't he same thing to me months ago. Acted like it was in stock and took my money without saying anything.

Cancelled and found a place that was upfront and even sent me an email of their orders/allocation status...

It's just the fact that I called before making the order and the lady says it's in stock and then puts me on hold while she checked to make sure it is in stock. So for sure sounds like a straight up lie. I won't buy your products at all if that is the way you treat your customers.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT2 Aurora Black Pearl
47 Posts

I bought mine from JM after seeing a post here suggesting that vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Happy New year, everyone! I'm hanging out with my family in Vegas, which gives me an opportunity to break in the resonator during the 300+ miles from San Diego. It did get a little louder as predicted. It sounds awesome with the off throttle gurgles and occasional pops. The overall powerband is more powerful, especially more in the high gear. I don't need to downshift to pass at freeway speed and if you don't watch the speedometer, you'll be surprised that you have picked up so much speed. The soundtrack from the exhaust makes you ignore the speedometer and focus more on the tach. Lol

The bigger piping definitely helps. The after cat piping is a restriction.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
I need to break up all the Kia Accessories I want so I have money leftover for other things.

That is the one thing I forgot to put on my list, thanks for the reminder.

BTW is that the official KIA cargo carrier.
No. The Kia cargo carrier was a bit too much for just something to hold my spray cleaners and rags.

321 - 340 of 412 Posts