Kia Forte Forum banner
361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
how much of a difference did all the sound deadening make? I have been eyeballing this as one of my big upgrades.
It's noticeable. My factory audio is noticeably louder and i don't need to turn up the volume as high. I used to listen to podcasts at 23. After adding additional sound treatment, I have it around 13-17. The biggest improvement was treating the rear deck for the subwoofer. The bass levels are set lower. I had it at 8 before. Now it's set around 4 or 5. If I didn't have the high grip tire addiction, tires like the OEM Kumho or similar would really quiet down the cabin.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's noticeable. My factory audio is noticeably louder and i don't need to turn up the volume as high. I used to listen to podcasts at 23. After adding additional sound treatment, I have it around 13-17. The biggest improvement was treating the rear deck for the subwoofer. The bass levels are set lower. I had it at 8 before. Now it's set around 4 or 5. If I didn't have the high grip tire addiction, tires like the OEM Kumho or similar would really quiet down the cabin.
Nice. I have already wore out the original tires. I replaced them last week at 50k miles and swapped to Michelin Cross Climate 2's. There was a NOTICABLE difference in sound. The new tires are suuuuper quiet.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
100 Posts
It's been awhile since I made any updates. I did the N75 BOV solenoid swap. I can't tell it's there, even when I try to look for it under the hood. I also added an adel clamp to hold up the drooping SXth hotpipe. I locked down the front sway bar with Whiteline lateral locks. I just added this...... View attachment 86564

Ultra Racing bar listed for an Elantra Sport AD.

I had been doing small mods with my daughter on her Kia Soul, so I've been on the Soul forums for a while. Some interior add ons and some audio work.
Thoughts on this brace so far? I was liking how mine was feeling until I open open its power and stiffened the trans brace. It's making me consider installing my 2 point tie bar and getting this brace you have here. Having a solid urethane bumpers on the K member is making me want to tighten everything up and I see you have the 2 point as well. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
100 Posts
Thoughts on this brace so far? I was liking how mine was feeling until I open open its power and stiffened the trans brace. It's making me consider installing my 2 point tie bar and getting this brace you have here. Having a solid urethane bumpers on the K member is making me want to tighten everything up and I see you have the 2 point as well. (y)
Um... Will that Elantra AD rear subframe work on the Forte as well?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
Initial impression is steering input is more responsive. But it seems everyone decided to go to work the same time as me, so my daily morning spirited drive to work didn't happen. I can probably get a better impression/feedback when I leave work today. As you can see on post #356, the bar for the AD Elantra fits well on my car. I usually look at Elantra stuff to see if it will cross over. An example, my coilovers are for an Elantra GT N LINE.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
100 Posts
Initial impression is steering input is more responsive. But it seems everyone decided to go to work the same time as me, so my daily morning spirited drive to work didn't happen. I can probably get a better impression/feedback when I leave work today. As you can see on post #356, the bar for the AD Elantra fits well on my car. I usually look at Elantra stuff to see if it will cross over. An example, my coilovers are for an Elantra GT N LINE.
Imagine if the product manufacturer's did the simple research for us and expand their product coverage and likelihood of making that money...

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Um... Will that Elantra AD rear subframe work on the Forte as well?
I'm positive that it will fit. This is my next one or maybe the mid chassis bar. What I really want to know if the Elantra N trunk bar will fit and when will N performance sell outside of Korea.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
730 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions on the way home. Did you get it straight from Ultra Racing or from a different vendor?

Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
I got it off ebay from seller "ultrasavecost". They state they are an authorized online dealer and the bar came all the way from Malaysia. They shipped it fast and I received it in a few days.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
730 Posts
Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
The bar.......
The bar stiffened up the chassis to a point to where i had to relearn the steering characteristics. Very responsive and sharper. I also noticed less flexing of the chassis. I think my next bar to try will be the one that mounts mid-chassis. I have been trying to find out the part number off the Veloster, since I comes with one factory, but no luck. Ultra Racing offers one for the Elantra AD.

More stuff....
I was inspired by BMW M cars factory knee cushion accessory. I went and just installed this:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

It matches well with the interior.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,206 Posts
Did you have them made locally or buy on-line?

361 - 380 of 417 Posts