Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
I'll probably go with eibach. They're on sale right now till the end of the month, that makes them about 20$ cheaper than the whitelines.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte
14 Posts
Looks like the eibach springs are from a 2019 hyundai veloster... does anyone know if velosters coilsprings would work?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks like the eibach springs are from a 2019 hyundai veloster... does anyone know if velosters coilsprings would work?
Not sure, but I think the springs are similar. Someone in Australia installed springs from a Hyundai Elantra Sport.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte
14 Posts
Not sure, but I think the springs are similar. Someone in Australia installed springs from a Hyundai Elantra Sport.

You know the yr?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did the trunk LED bulb conversion.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My heatshield wrap came in yesterday. Something that Heatshield Products just came out with recently. I thought I would give it a try. I had used their products before with great results on my last project STI.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I decided that the lower engine pitch mount from whiteline, even though they are the street version, vibrates a bit too much. Good thing I didn't get a solid mount. I went with removing one poly bushing and putting back an oem bushing. I put the oem on the forward part of the mount. Vibration is gone. Hopefully when I test drive on my way to work, I still retain some of the performance.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
I got the pro kit from eibach with their front and rear sway bars and lowering springs. The springs lowered it about an inch in both the front and back. Driven it maybe 100-150 miles and it feels way better than the OEM ones. Really happy with them.

Here's a picture with it after lowering, the gap between the wheels and the wheel wells is pretty much gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got the pro kit from eibach with their front and rear sway bars and lowering springs. The springs lowered it about an inch in both the front and back. Driven it maybe 100-150 miles and it feels way better than the OEM ones. Really happy with them.

Here's a picture with it after lowering, the gap between the wheels and the wheel wells is pretty much gone.
It looks dope, man! I can't wait until my suspension comes in.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
17 Posts
I decided that the lower engine pitch mount from whiteline, even though they are the street version, vibrates a bit too much. Good thing I didn't get a solid mount. I went with removing one poly bushing and putting back an oem bushing. I put the oem on the forward part of the mount. Vibration is gone. Hopefully when I test drive on my way to work, I still retain some of the performance.

How did that work out? Does it run better in that configuration?

OT but are you planning on putting a oil catch can in your car? I've seen it recommended a lot.

And are you doing the tuning yourself? I've never done tuning before and it seems like there's no one in the Southern States that does Korean tuning.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How did that work out? Does it run better in that configuration?

OT but are you planning on putting a oil catch can in your car? I've seen it recommended a lot.

And are you doing the tuning yourself? I've never done tuning before and it seems like there's no one in the Southern States that does Korean tuning.
1. For me, this hits the sweet spot for comfort and performance, and yes.

2. I am in the process of installing one. For now, none of them are designed for a stock car with oem intake. I've done it in past cars since the early 90s and I also recommend it.

3. I do not want to tune the car. I just want to improve things mechanically. I don't want to go through the hassles with smog checks here in Cali. If anything, if there was a flex fuel option, I'd do that instead. Easy to revert back to stock.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I just installed a set of Brisk silver spark plugs. I liked how they performed on many of my past cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted Velossa Tech regarding the big mouth for the Forte GT several months ago and still have not heard back from them. I too was hoping they would make one for the Forte.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have removed the K&N air filter and replaced it with a Green Air Filter. I have used these before on my STI, but I almost forgot about them. They are a little louder than the K&N, also more rigid. It feels more responsive with the Green. It took them a while to send it, only because of the current circumstances. I like the slightly louder induction noise. It still doesn't sound like a turbo engine, which i was aiming for. Hyundai/KIA did an excellent job of masking the turbocharger noises.
I wanted to start by saying that I am enjoying reading about your mods. I am hoping to learn a couple things by reading your adventures. I know next to nothing in regards to modding so this helps.
I am wondering which Green Air Filter did you use. I was not able to find one for a Kia on thier website.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wanted to start by saying that I am enjoying reading about your mods. I am hoping to learn a couple things by reading your adventures. I know next to nothing in regards to modding so this helps.
I am wondering which Green Air Filter did you use. I was not able to find one for a Kia on thier website.
Thanks! I cross reference a lot with the 2017-current Elantra Sport and GT N-Line. Very similar chassis. I use Green Air Filter 7367.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My heatshield wrap came in yesterday. Something that Heatshield Products just came out with recently. I thought I would give it a try. I had used their products before with great results on my last project STI.

I used the rest on the second cat to the resonator. The normal mode is improved. If there was a mode in between normal and sport, that's what it would feel like. Sport mode feels more responsive, almost like a naturally aspirated car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! I cross reference a lot with the 2017-current Elantra Sport and GT N-Line. Very similar chassis. I use Green Air Filter 7367.

Do you believe this is comparable to a cold air intake system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the rest on the second cat to the resonator. The normal mode is improved. If there was a mode in between normal and sport, that's what it would feel like. Sport mode feels more responsive, almost like a naturally aspirated car.

That is really interesting to hear. Do you know what the heat wrap does to cause this?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Do you believe this is comparable to a cold air intake system?
Technically, the oem intake is a cold air intake. If you open the air box and look at the top part of the air box, you'll find a velocity stack, very well designed. I really don't think it is a restriction at stock power levels. I would say from what I see and from experiences from past turbo cars, the restrictions are the stock intercooler/intercooler pipes and the recirculation valve.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts