Kia Forte Forum banner
381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT GT2 package. Fully loaded
13 Posts
See if this picture explains it. The "dusting" did not occur before I installed the Velossa Tech scoop.

This is with @ 1200 miles of driving. Most of my driving is 35-45 MPH. I do not drive on dirt roads, the roads I do drive on are clean and paved:

View attachment 84491

View attachment 84492

Sorry for the lousy picture - in person the dust stands out better. I tried flash but it highlights the insulator so much that you can't see the dust.
Sorry if this sounds dumb…but this is very bad correct? This means that dirt is getting into the air box and therefore likely getting into the engine? I’m not sure but would love to know the implications of this. I currently have a velosssa tech big mouth lit kit for my 21 gt.. have not installed it yet because I am afraid of water/debris getting into my intake. Still running stock intake but plan to change that within the month adding likely an open box intake. My goal is to have both the big mouth and intake installed this month but am afraid it may mess up my car..any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,209 Posts
Sorry if this sounds dumb…but this is very bad correct? This means that dirt is getting into the air box and therefore likely getting into the engine? I’m not sure but would love to know the implications of this. I currently have a velosssa tech big mouth lit kit for my 21 gt.. have not installed it yet because I am afraid of water/debris getting into my intake. Still running stock intake but plan to change that within the month adding likely an open box intake. My goal is to have both the big mouth and intake installed this month but am afraid it may mess up my car..any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated
Dust is normal - that's why we have filters. If no dust...no filter would be needed. My story was to show the Stage 2 intake is NOT sucking in hot under-hood air.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Wow! The driving experience! The throttle lag is significantly reduced. Very close to a naturally aspirated feel. The XLR completes the package with the GTS. My settings are drive mode in Sport w/stability control off, GTS set to Race setting 7 and XLR set to Sport. The higher settings on the XLR are a bit too sensitive for me. Sport is just right. Tip-in is instantaneous and the engine immediately pulls. It's much more fun to commute!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow! The driving experience! The throttle lag is significantly reduced. Very close to a naturally aspirated feel. The XLR completes the package with the GTS. My settings are drive mode in Sport w/stability control off, GTS set to Race setting 7 and XLR set to Sport. The higher settings on the XLR are a bit too sensitive for me. Sport is just right. Tip-in is instantaneous and the engine immediately pulls. It's much more fun to commute!
You have a link to where you bought it from?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Did I read correctly that you run your GTS on setting 7? All the time?
Yes. I limit the cars full potential with my foot. It ran great when i drove back and forth to Las Vegas from San Diego. It doesn't need to be floored since it's got more than enough torque.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes. I limit the cars full potential with my foot. It ran great when i drove back and forth to Las Vegas from San Diego. It doesn't need to be floored since it's got more than enough torque.
how is the daily driving characteristics? I rack up a lot of miles and stop and go traffic so I can’t go nuts on some mods.
Sorry I keep hitting you with these one line questions...

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
how is the daily driving characteristics? I rack up a lot of miles and stop and go traffic so I can’t go nuts on some mods.
Sorry I keep hitting you with these one line questions...
I actually get better gas mileage since i don't have to press on the gas as far than without it. Even more so with the XLR. With the stock car, there is a delay and there is a slight disconnect with the driver and the car, so instincts tell you to press further on the gas to get what you want and you end up using more fuel. Drive by wire sucks stock. I have been driving cable throttle for a long time and I miss the direct connection. At least with drive by wire, you can get the response suited for you by tuning. I drive more smoothly with the racechip stuff than stock.
There is a lot of torque and it continues to pull and pull, even with lighter than you're used to pedal input

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,209 Posts
381 - 400 of 417 Posts