Kia Forte Forum banner
401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
730 Posts
I'm not sure i'm following this convo. Is this bar compatible with normal kia forte's? If so does anyone have a part number?
It works, but requires some drilling and cutting to make fit. @ForteGT2 has a whole thread about it

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
I'm not sure i'm following this convo. Is this bar compatible with normal kia forte's? If so does anyone have a part number?
It works, but requires some drilling and cutting to make fit. @ForteGT2 has a whole thread about it
The Elantra N chassis has the studs and holes in the chassis to mount this bar. You would probably get it to fit much easier in Forte with non-split rear seats.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
I swapped out the dry filter with an oiled one. I also added a prefilter (28-10113) to have longer cleaning interval. My dry filter will be used as a temporary one while the other is drying.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT2 Aurora Black Pearl
47 Posts
Fumoto! Had it laying around for a few years. It was supposed to be for my VW, but my brand new VW kept going to the dealer for warranty repair, so i got rid of it and had spare parts. Luckily, it is the same valve for my Forte! Also, that annoying fan shroud rattle got unbearable, so i shoved a washer behind the top passenger side fan shroud mount. Bye bye, annoying rattle!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bought the F106N and went to install it yesterday during my oil change. Turns out I need an adapter because the plug is recessed. I should've checked out this post before ordering. Oh well, just need to wait another 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Bought the F106N and went to install it yesterday during my oil change. Turns out I need an adapter because the plug is recessed. I should've checked out this post before ordering. Oh well, just need to wait another 3,000 miles.
It was the reason why I went with the SX instead of the N. My other project cars didn't have recessed drain holes, but my VW did. Luckily, I was able to have the new drain valve fit.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,201 Posts
The dealership cacelled my order for the Elantra N trunk bar. It's on backorder til the end of June.
I bet Hyundai had no idea Forte and Elantra owners would want to install the trunk bar!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
I bet Hyundai had no idea Forte and Elantra owners would want to install the trunk bar!
I guess......it would have been cool to have one, though. Oh well.

I decided to go a different route and be a Guinea pig again for a part made for an AD Elantra. I should receive it by next week.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,201 Posts
Would like a boost gauge too. Too bad there's not a gauge pod for the A-Pillar windshield panel.

That looks like a mechanical gauge - going to take the boost using the MAP vacuum distribution block from SXTH or somewhere else?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
Would like a boost gauge too. Too bad there's not a gauge pod for the A-Pillar windshield panel.

That looks like a mechanical gauge - going to take the boost using the MAP vacuum distribution block from SXTH or somewhere else?
Not sure which direction on where I'm going to access a boost source. I really don't like MAP sensor taps. For gauge mounting, I'm more towards dash mounting solutions which keeps my eyes forward and center. A-pillar mounts don't meet that criteria.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
730 Posts
I’d love an oil pressure gauge in mine. When you do that (if/when they get them back in stock), do a write up with links and pictures. That would be awesome

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Not sure which direction on where I'm going to access a boost source. I really don't like MAP sensor taps. For gauge mounting, I'm more towards dash mounting solutions which keeps my eyes forward and center. A-pillar mounts don't meet that criteria.
Not a lot of choices for source:

RCV Solenoid hose, MAP Block, Purge Control Solenoid Valve hose, or drill and tap the cold pipe.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts