Kia Forte Forum banner
421 - 431 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
I will give a better impression during tomorrow morning commute. I just did some servicing to the car " while I was in there".

I did a fresh oil change and drained the catch can. No oil burning and nothing came out of the catch can. K&N cabin filter is cleaned and tire rotated.
When 40k comes along, I will do a transmission service and replace PCV valve.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 · (Edited)
Nice I’ve been eyeballing that, would love to hear your eventual thoughts
I've been eyeballing it for awhile, too. Lol
Sweet! How's the handling improvement?
My impression......Ok, what I have immediately noticed is the improved steering response and feeling more connected with steering input. The other plus is how much better the car absorbs road imperfections and much better control on dips (there is a portion of the freeway that have mild whoop dee doos). I don't feel like I'm going to be ejected from the drivers seat anymore. High speed sweepers, I feel more stability and confidence taking those type of curves. Freeway on ramps, there is definitely a sense of less body flex and sway. I can keep the front tires more planted. The Hyundai N division states a 30% increase in rigidity with the Elantra N vs the base Elantra with the luggage bar. I have no way of making any quantitative measurements, but based on my drive to work post Ultra Racing lower rear bar, I believe them.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
If the Kia engineers put sound absorbing padding behind the glove box in the 2021 Seltos and Soul, I'm putting one there, too, because race car.
Car Photograph Bird Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
hmm. I know your installing on a gt but would you think this might fit on a gt-line as well?
I don't think it will. The foward mounting points would probably bolt on, but the rear mounting points connect the bar to the rear subframe. If you want to stiffen the rear, i suggest retroftting the Elantra N trunk bar.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
My heatshield wrap came in yesterday. Something that Heatshield Products just came out with recently. I thought I would give it a try. I had used their products before with great results on my last project STI.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What's their website. Been wanting to do the same on my 2010. Really gets hot at the shifter & module area.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would worry about the GTS location, seems like it would get cooked. Would be nice if the harness was just another 15” or so. I put mine under a modified fuse block cover for a false sense of security. Thanks Hamster, was your posts that motivated me to get it.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
I would worry about the GTS location, seems like it would get cooked. Would be nice if the harness was just another 15” or so. I put mine under a modified fuse block cover for a false sense of security. Thanks Hamster, was your posts that motivated me to get it.
I had it tucked by the air box and found it to be more hot than it's current mounting area. Besides, the battery and ECU is mounted in the general location and it is a cooler area to be in. It should be good.

421 - 431 of 431 Posts