Kia Forte Forum banner
441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 · (Edited)
You will get some vibration, I got used to it after a few days... the first start up will shock you.
It looks pretty straight forward for the install. Did you have any problems installing the upper engine mount and transmission mount inserts? I just have to get something to evenly distribute the weight under the engine oil pan. The transmission shouldn't be a problem with just a jack.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hopefully I won't get too much vibration in the cabin. View attachment 88562
You will get some vibrationI got used to it after a few days... the first start up will shock you.
It looks pretty straight forward for the install. Did you have any problems installing the upper engine mount iand transmission mount inserts? I just have to get something to evenly distribute the weight under the engine oil pan. The transmission shouldn't be a problem with just a jack.
I didn’t do the upper mounts... just the lower pitch mount . The engine won’t move when you take it out so don’t worry. I didn’t even know you could get upper mounts yet... I’m kinda jealous.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
You will get some vibrationI got used to it after a few days... the first start up will shock you.

I didn’t do the upper mounts... just the lower pitch mount . The engine won’t move when you take it out so don’t worry. I didn’t even know you could get upper mounts yet... I’m kinda jealous.
Ah, ok. I did the lower mount a while back. It wasn't too bad with the Whiteline street bushings, even at cold start. It was noticeable. I gave it almost 2 months and ended up using only one poly bushing with the stock bushing. When I turned on the AC, it was vibrating way too much for my taste as a daily driver. Half poly was just the right combination for me.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
Hopefully I won't get too much vibration in the cabin. View attachment 88562
Let us know how it goes! Very happy with my lower mount so if this doesn't vibrate too much I'll be getting one for sure (assuming the upper mount is the same between the 1.6 and 2.0, which they appear to be). Also where did you get it from? Doesn't seem like many companies stock it, especially in the US

Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Let us know how it goes! Very happy with my lower mount so if this doesn't vibrate too much I'll be getting one for sure (assuming the upper mount is the same between the 1.6 and 2.0, which they appear to be). Also where did you get it from? Doesn't seem like many companies stock it, especially in the US
Powerflexusa.com

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
It will get done when I have my next oil and transmission gear oil change. It's "while I'm in there" kinda deal. It's coming up soon.
How often do you change the manual gear oil, and what brand of oil do you use?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
How often do you change the manual gear oil, and what brand of oil do you use?
I'm more old school, but since Kia does this at 75k miles, it'll be my first time. This will be 40k-ish. All my cars have been 30k gear oil change along with the rear diff. I usually use Amsoil, but they don't have an application, yet. I will be using Red Line oil.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,853 Posts
Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
441 - 454 of 454 Posts