Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That is really interesting to hear. Do you know what the heat wrap does to cause this?
The hot gas expands and is thinner. If you keep most of the heat in the exhaust pipes, the turbo has less back pressure to fight against. The turbo will spool earlier and quicker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Does eibach lowering springs for GTs work for the LXS models of the same year?
I would look at the Hyundai Veloster and prior generation Forte to cross reference. Those have the same or similar suspension. The GT has a rear multilink vs the LXS rear torsion bar suspension. I'm not well familiar with Korean cars, so research and make your best educated decision. My advice is go to a Hyundai and KIA online parts store and compare part numbers to your car. Both companies use the same part number system.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm at the dealership service department for some warranty work. My oil pan started to leak a little over a 1k miles in. I cleaned it up and 2k miles, it came back. I guess the assembly line didn't do a good job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm at the dealership service department for some warranty work. My oil pan started to leak a little over a 1k miles in. I cleaned it up and 2k miles, it came back. I guess the assembly line didn't do a good job.

That is a bummer but I guess that is why we have warranties. Hopefully it all gets squared away soon. Did they say anything about your mods? The reason I ask is because the fear of them declining my warranty my biggest hesitation of doing any mods.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
They can’t deny warranty on things that weren’t modded just because other parts were. For example, if you modded your headlights, they can’t deny warranty work on a leaking oil pan.

They can only deny warranty work on things that have been modified.

Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That is a bummer but I guess that is why we have warranties. Hopefully it all gets squared away soon. Did they say anything about your mods? The reason I ask is because the fear of them declining my warranty my biggest hesitation of doing any mods.
The dealership took care of me. Warranty is one of the other reasons for a light tune. There are ways to mod without affecting the oem tune and major hardware. I've been through that path with my Subaru and I do not want to go down that path again. Mods like heat insulation and retention and spark plug indexing are cheap and safe mods. Though not mindblowing, for me, it's good enough as I'm not seeking more power. I'm for more drivability and response. Power is just a side effect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealership took care of me. Warranty is one of the other reasons for a light tune. There are ways to mod without affecting the oem tune and major hardware. I've been through that path with my Subaru and I do not want to go down that path again. Mods like heat insulation and retention and spark plug indexing are cheap and safe mods. Though not mindblowing, for me, it's good enough as I'm not seeking more power. I'm for more drivability and response. Power is just a side effect.

I am glad to hear your were taken care of. Knock of wood that you don't need to go back anytime soon.
I can definitely see the benefits of the light tune. I have read the stories of people being denied due yo mods and I don't want to end up in that boat. The only thing I was worried about was your BOV upgrade that you did.
I am planning on taking the same approach as you so thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I had some leftover sound deadening mat from my recently departed 1995 Corolla. I applied it to the floor of the trunk. I'm curious to know if this will help the factory subwoofer. I used the Noico stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the pro kit from eibach with their front and rear sway bars and lowering springs. The springs lowered it about an inch in both the front and back. Driven it maybe 100-150 miles and it feels way better than the OEM ones. Really happy with them.

Here's a picture with it after lowering, the gap between the wheels and the wheel wells is pretty much gone.
I love the stance with the new springs. How is the ride now with the stiffer bars and lowering springs?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I added more sound deadening, but this time in the front door. I didn't go all out, just enough to improve midbass performance. And it worked!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Hatchback DCT
5 Posts
More Whiteline goodness. The rear sway bar that fits the Hyundai Veloster, Elantra Sport, and Elantra GT hatchback fits the Forte GT.

Looks like the factory rear is a decent 17-18mm diameter.

Also, last night, i went and indexed the spark plugs. For a new car, it seemed to misfire at cold start and run a little rough. I'm happy to report that the cold start misfires went away and the powerband feels more smooth. My engine seems to like the spark plug ground pointing towards the exhaust valves. I've been fortunate to have the spark plugs point in the general direction. I only had to swap cylinders #2 & #3.

Hey Hamster is this the same one you ordered from whiteline?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey Hamster is this the same one you ordered from whiteline?

No. I got the 22mm bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No. I got the 22mm bar.

Cheers man, I've been watching your thread with your tasteful mods. I'm waiting on all my parts to come in. But I've been fighting eibach or whiteline just sucks eibach don't adjust. I just indexed my plugs as well because I was getting the horrible start up on cold too. Are you sure it's a 22mm and not a 20mm I can't seem to find it unless I'm clicking on the wrong model?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Cheers man, I've been watching your thread with your tasteful mods. I'm waiting on all my parts to come in. But I've been fighting eibach or whiteline just sucks eibach don't adjust. I just indexed my plugs as well because I was getting the horrible start up on cold too. Are you sure it's a 22mm and not a 20mm I can't seem to find it unless I'm clicking on the wrong model?
The smaller one is a 22mm. The description says it's 22mm, the link says 20mm. My 22mm combination wrench snugly fits around the bar.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm getting new wheels installed and my coilover suspension just came in. I went with Motegi Racing wheels MR147 with General Tire G-Max RS on stock size. Wheel specs are 18x8.5 +42 offset. The coilover are made by KW Suspensions for Suspension Techniques (ST). Pics later.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
In the meantime, I finally got the oil catch can installed. It took a lot of correspondence and waiting for the mail to arrive in several occasions, but it's finally done and I like the results!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting new wheels installed and my coilover suspension just came in. I went with Motegi Racing wheels MR147 with General Tire G-Max RS on stock size. Wheel specs are 18x8.5 +42 offset. The coilover are made by KW Suspensions for Suspension Techniques (ST). Pics later.

Would you by chance have a link to the coil overs you purchased? I have decided that coil overs are going to be my first major upgrade but I am having troubles finding any. I did find these but I would like more option to compare to.

Also, I received the Green Filter that you recommended and it works awesome.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Would you by chance have a link to the coil overs you purchased? I have decided that coil overs are going to be my first major upgrade but I am having troubles finding any. I did find these but I would like more option to compare to.

Also, I received the Green Filter that you recommended and it works awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts

1. In the meantime, I finally got the oil catch can installed. It took a lot of correspondence and waiting for the mail to arrive in several occasions, but it's finally done and I like the results!

Hey man, curious to know which Add W1 can did you get? And what size line did you get to your
  2. In the meantime, I finally got the oil catch can installed. It took a lot of correspondence and waiting for the mail to arrive in several occasions, but it's finally done and I like the results!

Just curious to know which can you purchased with W1?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts