Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

1. Hey man, curious to know which Add W1 can did you get? And what size line did you get to your

2. Just curious to know which can you purchased with W1?
I bought the direct fit kit.

It's not, though. It will require more parts to make it fit. Their customer support is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
After inspecting the coilovers, I have determined that the kit will not fit. It will fit the cars with rear torsion beam suspension. Summit racing had the part number wrong. I'm in the process of doing an exchange for the Elantra GT application.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT DCT
18 Posts
I bought the direct fit kit.

It's not, though. It will require more parts to make it fit. Their customer support is awesome.

Were you able to get the extra parts you needed for it to fit from them? Or did you have to figure stuff out yourself?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Were you able to get the extra parts you needed for it to fit from them? Or did you have to figure stuff out yourself?
Both. I had to figure it out and showed them pics. They sent me 3 different brackets. 3rd times a charm.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
I revisited the oil catch can installation and did some minor tweaking. I removed some hose clamps and replaced them with oetiker clamps like the ones used in VW and Subaru engines. I did leave some hose clamps on areas that are serviceable i.e. check valves, pcv.....
The hoses are more flat and the engine cover fits much better. Even my heat sleeve can now wrap around a pcv hose.

Additional shots

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
5 Posts
I revisited the oil catch can installation and did some minor tweaking. I removed some hose clamps and replaced them with oetiker clamps like the ones used in VW and Subaru engines. I did leave some hose clamps on areas that are serviceable i.e. check valves, pcv.....
The hoses are more flat and the engine cover fits much better. Even my heat sleeve can now wrap around a pcv hose.

Looks great. Any drilling to mount the bracket? I see what looks like the ground wire. Any adjustments needed to move out of way?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I went and installed hubcentric rings. It should help with the mounting and getting the wheels on center to the hub, like the oem wheel. I did not notice any noise or vibration prior, but at least I'll have peace of mind.

I also bought the new Seltos. It's a great addition to the garage and a nice little family road trip vehicle. Feels like a raised Forte wagon, if there was one.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I also bought the new Seltos. It's a great addition to the garage and a nice little family road trip vehicle.
Excellent vehicle, congrats.

Feels like a raised Forte wagon, if there was one.
The Seltos is EXACTLY that. A raised Forte wagon. And actually, there is a Forte hatch/wagon, its just not available in the US yet. It is available in Canada.

Reactions: Hamster-GT

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Excellent vehicle, congrats.

The Seltos is EXACTLY that. A raised Forte wagon. And actually, there is a Forte hatch/wagon, its just not available in the US yet. It is available in Canada.

View attachment 80169
The Seltos can get up and go! I never driven a DCT Forte. The Seltos surprised the heck out of me. If KIA wanted to, they could get the AWD system from the SX Turbo and add it to the Forte GT. That would be killer.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
After finding out the coilovers will not fit, I decided to keep it simple and buy the Whiteline lowering springs off of a Elantra GT N Line. It advertised a 30mm drop. This should make it look nice without the hassles of drive through dips and ramps, which is what I'm looking for. I have to remind myself that this is my daily.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Just installed my heel plate from Sullivan Racing

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Some pics for the heck of it.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The Synapse Engineering diverter valve I installed a few thousand miles ago was set up in "push" mode. I decided to flip it and set it up in "pull" mode. While I was underneath, I checked the oil pan for leaks. Dry as a whistle.
There is a slight difference in tip in which complements my driving habits. Better feel. The OEM valve is set up in "pull" mode from the factory.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
My E Villa midpipe is here!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Front tilt plate. JDM to KDM.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Did you keep the stock muffler on?
I haven't installed it, yet. I am keeping the stock muffler on. I don't think it's a restriction at stock power levels. It does bypass the secondary catalytic converter and the smaller piping between the resonator and cat. I'm expecting slightly louder exhaust with more noticeable pops and bangs.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts