Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
What resonator option did you pick?
I ask for something that looked dull, OEM-like. It's their own "sport series" resonator from a different exhaust they offer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool. I saw the options thier sport, flowmaster, magnaflow, and brola. Ill be ordering from them aswell when i make up my mind.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
SXTH Element lower intercooler pipe!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The SXTH Element intercooler pipe is in!

It wasn't difficult to install. I just took my time installing it to line it up just right.

My impression is that it seems to idle more smooth. The associated vibration from the lower engine pitch mount with poly bushing seemed to disappear. Drivability is improved. It's easier to take off from a complete stop, engine response is more instant, overall power from idle to redline feels smooth and a hint of more torque throughout. It revs more freely, especially after 4k rpm. It pulls all the way to redline. It used to struggle past 4.5k rpm. Good thing I got this and it was on sale!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So there are no center mounting points? Does it feel pretty ridged just from the support of the elbows?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
So there are no center mounting points? Does it feel pretty ridged just from the support of the elbows?
I was like , too, about no mounting brackets. It feels rigid enough. I drove over some rough roads and dips to see if it would hit anything. It clears. I don't think I've seen any aftermarket pipes with mounting brackets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was like , too, about no mounting brackets. It feels rigid enough. I drove over some rough roads and dips to see if it would hit anything. It clears. I don't think I've seen any aftermarket pipes with mounting brackets.

That does seem odd since the pipe looks like it's an increase in diameter. But glad that it work. Where you able to put the lower engine cover back on or did you leave it off? The improvements to the car you mentioned do sound very promising and exciting to hear. This was no where near my build list but for that price it sounds promising.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
That does seem odd since the pipe looks like it's an increase in diameter. But glad that it work. Where you able to put the lower engine cover back on or did you leave it off? The improvements to the car you mentioned do sound very promising and exciting to hear. This was no where near my build list but for that price it sounds promising.
The piping is bigger. According to SXTH Element, the piping is 2 1/4". The lower engine cover is on and it clears. I hit the cover with my fist to see if it hits the pipe. I'm confident that there are no clearance issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The piping is bigger. According to SXTH Element, the piping is 2 1/4". The lower engine cover is on and it clears. I hit the cover with my fist to see if it hits the pipe. I'm confident that there are no clearance issues.

That is awesome to hear. Thanks for the updates Hamster. This has been one of the best places online to look at Forte mods.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I took a picture during break. Happy Friday Forte forum!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Another suspension change. First, the KW coilovers, now it's the Whiteline springs. Nobody knew when the set will be sent out to retailers. Tire Rack had a great deal for these springs, too. H & R suspension it is! They worked great on my last project car. At least I got a tracking number from UPS for these.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't installed it, yet. I am keeping the stock muffler on. I don't think it's a restriction at stock power levels. It does bypass the secondary catalytic converter and the smaller piping between the resonator and cat. I'm expecting slightly louder exhaust with more noticeable pops and bangs.
Have you installed this yet? A before and after exhaust sound video would be great if you have it!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Have you installed this yet? A before and after exhaust sound video would be great if you have it!
I'll try to make a video. I'm not really good at it. I have not installed it, yet. This chassis is harder to put on jack stands then my previous cars. I'm going to install the exhaust right after I do the suspension. I really don't like to wait for the exhaust to cool down.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
After a couple of failed attempts to lower the Forte, 3rd times a charm. I can't wait to install them!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts