Kia Forte Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
It seems to be one of their most popular selling item. They were also out of stock when I ordered mine. I had to wait a whole month to get mine. You may need to make sure they send it to you when they tell you a date when they will send it. I slipped through the cracks for a week after promised shipping date. Plus, it was on sale and I wasn't going to let it go by canceling.
I've already messaged them. If they're out of stock I'll just have to wait. This Covid pandemic is probably the culprit.

Update: It has shipped!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hamster, Installed the SXTH hot pipe. Two things I noticed:
Intake is louder - I can hear it more through the Takeda intake now.
Torque steer - Never felt the steering wheel pull so hard to the right off-the-line before!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I didn't experience torque steer probably due to the grippy tires I swapped out. I guess the aftermarket intake would make it louder. I'm still using the stock intake. I actually like the more quiet intake with the turbo engine. I'm taking a different approach for this car and using Ferrari's idea on masking the turbo sounds, sounding more NA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I didn't experience torque steer probably due to the grippy tires I swapped out. I guess the aftermarket intake would make it louder. I'm still using the stock intake. I actually like the more quiet intake with the turbo engine. I'm taking a different approach for this car and using Ferrari's idea on masking the turbo sounds, sounding more NA.

I'd recommend you try the Takeda closed intake! I really think you'd find the throttle response AND performance is WAY better! The open top Takeda is not that loud - it almost seals to the underside of the hood - just more noticeable now.
and no, I'm NOT a Takeda Rep or salesman...
That factory intake is restrictive from the inlet to the filter box. The tubing is narrow and the incoming air makes FOUR 90 degree turns BEFORE it even gets to the filter!

This one:
Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/Pro DRY S Filter | aFe POWER

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I'd recommend you try the Takeda closed intake! I really think you'd find the throttle response AND performance is WAY better! The open top Takeda is not that loud - it almost seals to the underside of the hood - just more noticeable now.
and no, I'm NOT a Takeda Rep or salesman...
That factory intake is restrictive from the inlet to the filter box. The tubing is narrow and the incoming air makes FOUR 90 degree turns BEFORE it even gets to the filter!

This one:
Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/Pro DRY S Filter | aFe POWER
I'm in California. It wouldn't be sent to my house anyways. Besides, I don't really have a problem with throttle response since it is corrected using the Synapse Engineering diverter valve/mac valve/green air filter/ velossa tech intake scoop. I really don't think the stock I take is restrictive at my power level. I'm over the turbo noises.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Bummer...for car mods...
LOL!
I see this in ads all the time: Not legal in California
Before I would buy stuff out of state. California law changed that a few years ago. So much for the workaround.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Audio enhancement!
1. It's JBL
2. I'm staying in the Harman Kardon family
3. It's orange!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Audio enhancement!
1. It's JBL
2. I'm staying in the Harman Kardon family
3. It's orange!

I added some closed cell foam to the fast rings on the front speakers. Bass is improved.

Next, i wanted to help the bass on the factory subwoofer. I installed some Noico sound deadening to the rear deck and covered the holes with closed cell foam. The rear sub has more noticeable presence. I might not want to add another subwoofer. I'm not looking to get earth shakers anymore.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Coming soon......Pierce Motorsports strut brace and 2 point chassis brace.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Well, here's part one. Pierce Motorsports strut bar. It looks really nice! Advertised for the Veloster 19 and up.

The 2 point tie bar requires me to go underneath and trim the undertray. Coming soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, here's part one. Pierce Motorsports strut bar. It looks really nice! Advertised for the Veloster 19 and up.

The 2 point tie bar requires me to go underneath and trim the undertray. Coming soon.

Noticed any handling improvements?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Noticed any handling improvements?
I'll give an assessment tomorrow on the strut bar. I threw it on right when I got home from work. My guess will be the lower 2 point tie bar will make more of a difference considering the crossmember and front control arms are stamped steel.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts