Kia Forte Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
It feels good to finally get my car back. I'll have to admit, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra rental was a bit surprising on how fun it was to drive. Probably the best car i have driven with a CVT. It's so responsive in sport mode. Are the Forte cousins like this? If so, i wouldn't mind owning one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It feels good to finally get my car back. I'll have to admit, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra rental was a bit surprising on how fun it was to drive. Probably the best car i have driven with a CVT. It's so responsive in sport mode. Are the Forte cousins like this? If so, i wouldn't mind owning one.

Glad you got your wheels back!

Yes, the Base Fortes are like that. 😀
...and they get better MPG...although I was averaging 32.7 MPG @ 55MPH...lol!

GTLine in the Family...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Glad you got your wheels back!

Yes, the Base Fortes are like that.
...and they get better MPG...although I was averaging 32.7 MPG @ 55MPH...lol!

GTLine in the Family...
I typically get around 320-330 miles per tank in the GT. I got around 360-370 miles per tank in the Elantra. I do a lot of coasting and engine braking when i don't need power and both have sufficient power. The GT, obviously, is the more fun car at higher speeds. The Elantra is more fun city driving type stuff. The response from a stop light and zipping around is it's strongest points, driving wise.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
37 Posts
My heatshield wrap came in yesterday. Something that Heatshield Products just came out with recently. I thought I would give it a try. I had used their products before with great results on my last project STI.

Really Thinking about trying this what size did your order? Where can I order this?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
37 Posts
I the got the 3ft version. I got it at Summit Racing.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
After driving around for a bit, the alignment guy did a good job. It doesn't bottom out anymore. Perhaps the front sway bar links had something to do with this. H&R recommends not cutting the bump stops. The ride is a bit stiffer than stock, but not annoyingly. Hopefully there will be a performance strut and shock solution for the Hyundai/KIA 1.6 turbo cars.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Happy Saturday Forte owners!

The mod bug is strong with this one it is...

The Pipe.jpg

SXTH Element cold pipe in rework.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I don't understand why Sxth element make their parts not fully compatible with OEM or fit like OEM. Not everyone wants an intake(me) and not everyone wants an aftermarket BOV.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I don't understand why Sxth element make their parts not fully compatible with OEM or fit like OEM. Not everyone wants an intake(me) and not everyone wants an aftermarket BOV.

I know they are trying to make a part that fits multiple cars but I agree with you - it should work like factory - which is what I'm working on.

OTOH Maybe we don't see the big picture...could it be a trademark or patent issue?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
My rear toe arms just arrived. Whiteline is having another sale.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Are you having problems with your car's rear suspension?
No. Just tightening up the rear. Im also exploring any N suspension parts to swap over. I just miss the precise and tight feel of my STI and want about the same for my Forte.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
So I bought a set of toe plates and a magnetic camber gauge. After setting how i want it, i noticed more front end grip, the rear end wanting to turn, and a slight increase in mpg. I don't know how accurate the camber gauge is, but i had set the front to -2 degrees, rear -1.5 degrees and zero toe all around.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts