Kia Forte Forum banner
161 - 180 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Factory specs for camber angle I think are: -0.37° ± 0.5 - will your settings cause outer tire wear? Your toe in is within specs: Total : 0.1° ± 0.2°

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Factory specs for camber angle I think are: -0.37° ± 0.5 - will your settings cause outer tire wear? Your toe in is within specs: Total : 0.1° ± 0.2°
I usually find increase in outer tire wear not so much from camber, more like a combination of negative camber and bad toe setting, mostly from bad toe settings accelerating outer wear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
After driving around on lowering springs, I've decided to look into coilovers, again. I'm not satisfied with just springs. I usually do upgraded shocks and struts, but none are available.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
After driving around on lowering springs, I've decided to look into coilovers, again. I'm not satisfied with just springs. I usually do upgraded shocks and struts, but none are available.

What is it you are not happy with? Hard ride?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Those look good and the features are nice. I decided on ST Suspension XA coilovers.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
The springs started getting noisey when turning the steering wheel. I installed a set of spring silencers from Tein and placed them where the OEM put theirs. That fixed it.

Afterwards, i nstalled some Eibach spring rubbers. They are the 60 durometer polyurethane. It brought back the smoothness of the OEM spring while maintaining the lowered ride height. Maybe i got a set of bad springs for the front? H&R lists the same front springs for the diesel models, too, and my front end is well within the weight as listed in the paperwork specs. It was a big improvement in ride and steering feel, but it's and eyesore with a huge piece of polyurethane wedged between the spring coil. Im betting the new coilovers will give me what i was looking for (i hope).

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Pic of the Eibach spring rubbers, Tein spring silencers, and the "just installed" Tork Motorsports front control arm supports. Seems to be popular with Veloster N folks (control arm supports).

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I like those Tork Motorsports front control arm supports!

Please stop posting new stuff..I can't help myself...LOL!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
I had these sitting in the garage for almost a year. After watching all the scary youtube vids scratching up their Forte's and taking so much time to remove an emblem, i decided to say "Eff it"!

It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. It only took me 5 minutes to remove and install each emblem. All it took was my plastic interior removal tool from my car electronic install tools and done without any drama.

Those youtube vids had me scared.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
The badge mod matches well with the darkened chrome of the grill and the gloss black accents on the bumper. I think it makes it more upscale and sporty looking. The OEM KIA badge kinda looked out of place.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
And then soon after, these show up!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
The blue Duralast jackstand?

JK!!!

Look forward to your feedback on the coil overs.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
New pic after coilover install. I'm still adjusting ride height for the rear. Going a 1/2" lower there. The ride is exactly what i was looking for, a blend of sporty and comfort, leaning towards sporty. Feels more solid and confidence inspiring. I gotta get the alignment sorted out to test handling.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
How off was the alignment - let us know when you get it done...

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 · (Edited)
How off was the alignment - let us know when you get it done...
I have no accurate numbers to throw out due to not being able to set a good zero for the camber gauge and only getting measurements in inches for toe. What kicked my butt was toe, particularly the front. Plenty of trial and error and balancing family life. Multitasking. I finally dialed it in getting 72" front and 72" behind the front tire using toe plates. My camber is mostly 2 degrees with exception of one axle. But i don't really think it's accurate, but good enough to make it even I will tackle that at a later time. This stuff isn't as easy as it was. The closer to 50 you get, the longer the recovery time. Lol

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Mmmmm.....properly matched springs and shocks. Smooth ride, bumps are soaked up, and the handling! It's a good match with the General GMax RS tires. Great grip and very little body roll. It also works well with the front control arm supports from Tork motorsports. Perfect for my daily driver!

161 - 180 of 227 Posts