Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I know it's been a long ass time since I posted or participated here... Just figured I would say my goodbyes. Today i traded in my 10 forte sx. She treated me well but it was time to go.

Anyway, met A lot of great folks through this site and I wish you guys the best. Jeff / crock.. Keep at it and enjoy guys!

I may have have some left over parts for sale that the dealer didn't take.

If / when I decide to sell them I post them in the appropriate areas.

Thanks again and good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sad to lose a member but may I ask what u traded it in for?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I traded it for a 2011 jetta tdi w/ nav. Fully loaded. I'll be honest. I loved my sx. The only issue I had was the stiff ride but that was my fault for going with the lower springs. Other than that, it was a great car.

I got the jetta tdi for a few reasons.. mpg, huge back seat (we just had a daughter 2 months ago), and finally needed a automatic. Wife didn't like the 6spd..

On the drive home from the dealer (2 hour drive) we averaged 48mpg. Can beat that for a non hybrid.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice man! Congrats on the young one and enjoy the vee dub

·
Registered
916 Posts
those new Jettas are nice...what are you possibly going to sell, any exterior/interior leds for cheap? I cant remember if you had them but if so the dealer wont care if it has those or stock bulbs and i may be willing to buy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ahh man... another founding member gone! That suks to see u go! I still have you on PSN so stay in touch k? Best to you and the wife and baby.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
:( we're gonna miss you man. You had one of the best looking sedans. Good luck to you and the Family. and as for the parts, I'm sure a lot of member will be interested in them. Post them up and see what you get.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those Jettas are nice but VW has the worst reputation for reliability, hopefully they have gotten better in the 2011 model year. My Audi A6 was a nightmare!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I traded it for a 2011 jetta tdi w/ nav. Fully loaded. I'll be honest. I loved my sx. The only issue I had was the stiff ride but that was my fault for going with the lower springs. Other than that, it was a great car.

I got the jetta tdi for a few reasons.. mpg, huge back seat (we just had a daughter 2 months ago), and finally needed a automatic. Wife didn't like the 6spd..

On the drive home from the dealer (2 hour drive) we averaged 48mpg. Can beat that for a non hybrid.
Can't beat 48 mpg...and the lil one will make anyone who really cares prioritize their life. Reason why I had to get a Sedan rather than a Koup. That's life!!! Congrats and best of luck!!!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh man... another founding member gone! That suks to see u go! I still have you on PSN so stay in touch k? Best to you and the wife and baby.
Def keep in touch man... i have to light you on COD soon! lol

havent touched the ps3 since the baby was born... so is life.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:( we're gonna miss you man. You had one of the best looking sedans. Good luck to you and the Family. and as for the parts, I'm sure a lot of member will be interested in them. Post them up and see what you get.

Thanks man.. i really enjoyed the car and the work i put into it. She will be missed.

ill have a list soon.. mostly some stock parts i took out when replacing items and tons of smaller leds (not the good ones.) I wasnt prepared to trade it in yesterday and they took me buy surprise and 100% met everything i asked for. the dealer was 2 hours from my house so i had to dump her quick.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those Jettas are nice but VW has the worst reputation for reliability, hopefully they have gotten better in the 2011 model year. My Audi A6 was a nightmare!
Yeah, i read about the reliability, so i opted for the VW 6yr 100,000 mile warranty. it cost me an extra $1700 bucks but to me it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't beat 48 mpg...and the lil one will make anyone who really cares prioritize their life. Reason why I had to get a Sedan rather than a Koup. That's life!!! Congrats and best of luck!!!

yes they do... they quickly change everything you think and do... thanks again, its appreciated it

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
psn crock89!!!!!! bro keep in touch man! i will rep for kia!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hate to see you go. But with the addition of a little one (Congrats btw) and with that gas mileage you can't beat it. Honestly I looked at the Jetta before buying the Forte. But everybody and their grandma had one around here. ^^ Very popular care in TN. Oh Well I'll be waiting for your parts list to go on sale :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts