Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i had the Pioneer X920BT installed... so far, i am loving it.

still trying to figure out how everything works but the nav on the way home took me straight there and the directions were correct.. havent played with the DVD yet.. i will post more in the days to come...

for the time being... see below... ill get more photos later ... some night shots and then tomorrow... if you want to see any function let me know and Ill grab a video

the videos are just random videos of the headunit.. nothing specific..

·
Registered
696 Posts
Damn! That looks really nice! Some questions for you: do you still have control from the steering wheel controls? Does the factory USB input still function? And last, where did you find the new facia piece?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks... Steering wheel controls .. I lost the answer/hang up and voice command button.
Factory USB does work currently however since it has a rear USB port I'm sure there is a way (for a good shop) to hook it up and just run an extension down there. I just put my iPod connector for the radio down there so it would be the same as having to plug in the cable there.

Fascia is from aliaexpress. Same one that's mentioned in all the other threads.

If you need a direct link let me know.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
sorry bout your phillies beast---- i was rooting for them for ya

oh yeah- lets see a video of the GPS map working while music is playing--
i have seen a lot of these set up advertise that feature- but never seen it in action (real action- like while driving- lol)

:)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry bout your phillies beast---- i was rooting for them for ya

oh yeah- lets see a video of the GPS map working while music is playing--
i have seen a lot of these set up advertise that feature- but never seen it in action (real action- like while driving- lol)

:)
Thanks man!! I'll grab a video of it tomorrow & post for you

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You still have bluetooth handsfree right? If so how do you control that now??

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a small button on the bottom left corner for handsfree. U just click the button and speak or if a call comes in it appears on the screen with options to accept or decline.

Tampajoey... I didn't forget about you either. I have the video just need to upload it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
065d1eb3.mp4 video by danfalk - Photobucket

i think i trimmed it to work :)

yup- damn sweet that is- music and sexy lady talking :)

i also light the way that the video screen isnt super blaringly bright at dusk (and i am guessing at night either)

appreciate that vid.

the bluetooth doesnt work thru the stock kia system?
(ie-having to push the button?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice, nice! I think i'm going to get this unit, it looks real nice and you've said a lot of positive things. Are the guys you go to good/trustworthy dudes that do good work? I'm looking to have someone install this for me because I don't like doing electrical work; i've had bad expereinces in the past haha. I'm leaning toward the guys you are going to.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had guys local to me install it and they did an ok job. My steering wheel controls aren't functioning properly and I need to relocate the Bluetooth mic as I'm getting too much background noise.

Rather than give it back I'm taking it to where I had my drone unit installed. Audio sensations in pottstown. They are fixing the stuff for me next Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh ok, I travel back and forth to the Wilkes Barre area frequently so I was going to see if I could swing by and have them put mine in. Where did they install your mic? I was reading around either have it clipped to your visor or there's a little "climate control" vent with nothing behind it that would work awesome because it's where you can't see it and a good spot to have. Steering wheel controls....I talked to the local best buy guys and they said something about getting a car specific adapter/harness. Do you have that? If so, how much was it? You said those guys did an ok job on it, would you recommend them? Will you go back to get other stuff done by them? Sorry for all the questions and the book i just wrote haha but I'm looking for realiable people and whatnot yanno. Thanks again man!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They actually installed it behind the vent you are referencing and great idea.. Unless the car is moving. There must be air flow back there and it sounds like a wind tunnel. If not move the Bluetooth mic sound quality is 10x better than the stock. Wife always complained when I would use it. I'm going to have audio sensations see if the can mount it above the steering column in front of the speedo etc. Will be out of the way there and really only visible to me.

Yes I bought the adapter and they only got some of the functions to work (and didn't tell me) so I'm having that redone. Adapater is around $40-$50.

I would say for the money I saved it still wasn't worth it and should have went to the shop right off the bat.

These guys did my springs and I'm thrilled with that. Would I take audio back to them? No.

Are you looking to buy everything separately and take it to an installer or buy everything from the shop? All I have from a shop Installed would run about $1100 installed.

I bought it all separately and I'm looking at $700 fr equipment (spent $60 on install) and whatever it costs me to hve AS correct what I need corrected. I'm figuring at least another hundred.

So I'm in $850-$900 at this point approx.

Just be careful as this is "remote starter" time of year and alot of shops won't install equipment not purchased from them as they make 2 much money doing remote starts etc.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts