Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just posted that I had gone to the dealer for an oil change and to fix the clunking sound [front drivers side] when I drive on a rough surface..he said that he tightened up the strut. When I drove away I did my best to hit every possible road surface to test out his fix. The sound was gone all day. Then that night...the clunk came back. Soooo I will be back again on Saturday morning..sigh.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nocking noise

Check your dust boot that mounts on the strut they have a recall for it. My car is being fixed this week for that and there is post on here for the exact problem.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mention the dust boots last time I was there..but they said it was the strut...I guess they were wrong. I will be back there on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It has 6000 miles on the clock - I have not done that yet. How does balancing and rotating fix a clunk?
Balance and rotate won't fix a clunk but you said you were hitting every rough road surface to test the fix. That could affect the balance on the tires and make the ride seem worse or appear to be a clunk. 6000 miles is about time for a balance and rotate anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts