Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to our favorate little bistro for dinner tonight. Came out to the car and there it was. A note under the wipers (OH CRAP) took a quick look at the car no damage??? Picked up the note and it reads...

Sorry to bother you i just love your car ,what the heck is it. Please call me at _ _ _ _ _ .Thanks

I have the broken K 7 piece kit on it...Anyway the call went great . Gave them the dealer and salesman's names..

WAY COOL !!! :cool:

And yes they did say the words we love to hear. THAT WAS A KIA!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^
Nice ;) thats a good suprise
if your dealer is like mine you'll get a hundred dollars if this guy buys one ;)
*so far I've not got the free hundred*

·
Registered
248 Posts
my hundred is apparently on its way...... :)

my bro bought a black '11 Forte SX Sedan........
still waiting......still, a nice perk i suppose.

i rebadged cuz my K emblems were suckin SEVERE ass. they weren't holding up after the winter. so now people can figure out what car i'm drivin.......hopefully the local Kia dealership will benefit.......lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty neat.
I was buying a bike from a guy last week when he saw my 5-door.
"Is that the Forte hatch?" he asked? He really said some nice things even though mine's just a regular EX. A
Today I exchanged thumbs up with a guy with a silver SX. Still don't encounter many around here yet.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Here in the Boston area where you see zillions of Volvos, Saabs, Volkswagens, even a Renault Clio, I still have not seen another Forte 5. I haven't had any stranger comment on my car either. Maybe now that I have my calipers painted red, the compliments will come pouring in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Walpole, did you pull your wheels to paint your calipers?
Also what paint did you use?

TIA

·
Registered
444 Posts
Last week my wife and I were driving down center street in Calgary when we saw a silver koup SX pulling out of a parking lot. We exchanged approving stares with the girl driving and then we were on our way.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Kevinlane. I put the car up on stands and pulled all 4 wheels. I used the G2 paint system that I bought thru Tire Rack, but others have it. It's a 2 part paint that is brushed on. It took me about 2 hours to do 2 coats on each caliper. Looks great and it's supposed to hold up really well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a note on my windshield once ... it said congratulation your a dad ........

jk

Some people can not tell its a kia from viewing the car at first glance .
when re badge with the k emblem it throws them off completely .

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've had people ask me if it's a Lexus. :p

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The broken K badge sort of looks like the Lexus badge at first glance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here in the Boston area where you see zillions of Volvos, Saabs, Volkswagens, even a Renault Clio, I still have not seen another Forte 5. I haven't had any stranger comment on my car either. Maybe now that I have my calipers painted red, the compliments will come pouring in.
Hey Walpole, guess I am going to be adding to the Boston area contingency as I am picking my Bright Silver EX up tonight!! I noticed that I have never seen another one on the road though....

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey Walpole, guess I am going to be adding to the Boston area contingency as I am picking my Bright Silver EX up tonight!! I noticed that I have never seen another one on the road though....

Oh no! I won't have the only Forte 5 in the area any more!

You are really going to like the car. If you go with a manual, do the throttle mod in the DIY area to remove the dead zone. It does help with smoothing out the shifts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so forgive me as I have only been on the kia scene for about a week, and my curiousity has been peaked. What exactly is this "broken k badge" I keep reading about? I found nothing when I searched google for one

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Thread jack!

I personally don't like them because they look too similar to the Lexus badge but if you're interested just search "Kia Forte Emblems" on eBay and you can pick up a set.

·
Registered
95 Posts
awesome!! i really thought u were going to say a ticket. lol but that is pretty cool man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts