Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post removed because my dreams are outlandishly stupid and I am a fool for wanting a RWD hatchback in the states.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If I were u and had that kinda money to throw down on a project like that I would just trade in your forte 5 and put that money towards a new hatch STi. Just my take

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I've seen plenty of these on my old Tiburon forum... Bottom line, it never gets done. There is really no point in doing this... either go boost or just trade your car in for a different one. I mean your reason besides not getting a R32 because you felt like you'd look like a women driving one? Seriously with that kind of immaturity I doubt you will have the audacity to go through with this project. I also dont think you've put much thought into the ECU work that has to be done, and every single little bolt has to be custom, nothing will fit right. Not trying to be a downer, but you would have better luck buying these cars your talking about, or getting an old 240sx/civic shell and doing a swap with those.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
But I'm talking about a new STi which is prob a lot different then an '08...go a test drive one before u make an assumption like that cuz like Anthony said, it's more work then u prob think it is and no women drive R32's lol rly is a waste of time and money when u can get something a lot nicer then a Kia forte for the money you're talking about throwing out on this

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Honestly the best bang for you buck and satisfaction that can be had is this: Keep your car how it is, mint condition, all the goodies. Spend like 2-3 grand on 240sx little side project car. Keep the forte as your daily, and just do crazy amounts of stuff to the 240, and satisfy your RWD itch whenever you need too. If you were going to spend the 13k on the forte, use a little bit of it too insure the 240, and you have a nice little weekend project car on your hands. (or dont insure it and just track it.) Thats my 2 cents for ya.

·
Registered
72 Posts
am having second thoughts about buying the forte . coming from fast cars to slow one is very big shock . i was thinking about a turbo on a forte . It seems nimble in the corners so far but it still lacks the quickness i need. sorry for jacking this thread.

p.s

Its going to be closed any way .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.