Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just start off with....I effing hate winter! So this is my spring time game plan for the whip...

Instal the eibach kit (that's sitting in the garage)
Instal the wing (that's on effing back order)
Stage III LED kit (that's in the mail)
Re-paint my calipers (I was lazy and only put one coat on)
Under car LED kit (sitting in my garage)
Shifter bushings (on order)
Sharkfin antenna (when it shows up)

TAX REBATE:
Have the side graphics made and put on
turbo kit (oh yea)
ECU flashed
18" rims with toyo tires
Body kit (when somebody decides they want to email me back)
Audio/video upgrade (when I finally decide what I actually want)

Thats the game plan so far, how's it sound? Anyone got any more suggestions? Missing any new products? Be sure to add your 2 cents, I actually care this time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thats some tax return. You must have kids like ol' dirty bastard.

·
Registered
288 Posts
But how do you get a $7,000 refund without dependents?

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked at my pay stub, I paid almost 25k in taxes this year, so I should get at least 7-8 back. Plus over time for snow removal pays alot lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Um sir. If you get your ecu flash by sfr they will advance your timing. To go force induction you have to retard your timing im just saying anyone looking to swap for my flash ecu? I just want back what i payed for 250$ (2.4l manual) flash goes for 350-400$

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
thats cuz its canada :)
i dont make anywhere near that much nor pay that much. i make about 20k/year lol and then maybe 1k back. last year was 900. gunna try and get my rims

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you call my ECU a retard??? Lol how did this post go from what I plan on doing to my car, to how much everyone makes??? Lmao

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I would add racing seat belts, racing battery, subwoofer [if you don't have it already], strut bar across the hood, get some winter racing tires, carbon fiber windshield wipers and short shifter.

[These are things I plan to do to my Koup when I get my Koup back from storage lol, well except for the subwoofer I got that already :p]

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd only add racing belts if I had some what of a roll cage, which I don plan on installing lol I already have the RRM strut bar, the battery and sub are part of the audio/video setup, idk about winter racing tires, I usually race in warm weather when there's no ice....I'm stupid, but not that stupid! lol not really into tue cf wiper blades, but defintly want a short shifter!!! You know who has em? I can't find one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Um sir. If you get your ecu flash by sfr they will advance your timing. To go force induction you have to retard your timing im just saying anyone looking to swap for my flash ecu? I just want back what i payed for 250$ (2.4l manual) flash goes for 350-400$
Obviously the tune for the turbo it isn't going to be the same tune they gave your NA car, that would just be stupid.

As for taking your ECU and just sticking it in another car it isn't usally that simple, as each car is different. A lot of times replacing an ECU means getting it reflashed by the dealer, which would obviously clear your tune.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
And if it comes down to the dealer putting my ecu too stock so be it! Thats what i want but i rather have some one else enjoy it! Have a nice day

·
Registered
459 Posts
You missed what I was saying. Someone that buys your ecu from you, won't be able to take advantage of your tune. Why because that ecu and tune was programmed for their car. An ECU isn't like taking an intake throwing it in, and it works. It's a computer specific to that car. Then the tune was specific to your car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A carbon Fiber hood, Methanol/Water Injection System for the turbo, maybe a boost a spark and a carbon fiber dash kit

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I'd only add racing belts if I had some what of a roll cage, which I don plan on installing lol I already have the RRM strut bar, the battery and sub are part of the audio/video setup, idk about winter racing tires, I usually race in warm weather when there's no ice....I'm stupid, but not that stupid! lol not really into tue cf wiper blades, but defintly want a short shifter!!! You know who has em? I can't find one.
Haha yeah the roll cage would be a bit much. Anyways there is a short shifter for the Koup made by Kia.

- Savage Kia Parts

I bought a paint pen from this website so it is legit.

Here's the link to the short shifter.

Sport Shifter(2010) Savage Kia Parts

I mean if you want to be completely sure just contact the parts department in your dealership and ask them about the short shifter. I would have already bought the short shifter but I'm storing my Koup away for a couple of years lol. If you get it tell me how it is :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.