Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's cool that people are starting to do these things but I'd rather build my own....

·
Registered
519 Posts
could u buy that and then retro fit ur own projectors?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could u buy that and then retro fit ur own projectors?
Yes but why would you do that? lol.. I mean the cost of this is 450.. then your projectors (150 avg), then doing all that hassle, and plus you still have to open the housing.

Rather just get a pair of normal headlights and retrofit a pair on your own.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey Main_m
When are you going to do the projectors?

·
Registered
536 Posts
To me it makes more sense to create your own projectors...Not to mention the headlight has been opened once so I would be weary of opening them a second time. Is it me or does the seal they put on look sloppy????

·
Registered
122 Posts
the seal is sloppy.. i have butyl OEM sealant from the inside original contact point.. they have silicon covering the bridge of the lens and the black housing

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i'm not sure but these look like the full projector setup. or am i wrong. it wouldn't make much since for it to be that much just for the angel eye.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Main_m
When are you going to do the projectors?
Hoping before the winter hits, so in 3 weeks max.

To me it makes more sense to create your own projectors...Not to mention the headlight has been opened once so I would be weary of opening them a second time. Is it me or does the seal they put on look sloppy????
the seal is sloppy.. i have butyl OEM sealant from the inside original contact point.. they have silicon covering the bridge of the lens and the black housing
Seal is sloppy yes, I know what they did though, its not that they didn't seal it properly but even if they did, to be extra careful they took some silicone and applied it with a flathead on the edges so that nothing gets in there, but they were supposed to get rid of the excess which they didn't

I see ads on the forum for halo and angel projector headlamps,why these companies don't do anything for the Forte ?
Because they would still be ebay type projectors.. costing around 250+$ for a set.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I emailed him

"we will use Bosch projector.
bosch diameter of projector is 2.5 "

IDK alot about projectors... so are Bosch Projectors any good? im very interested in buying these

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wouldn't trust them. The projectors are probably pieces of junk anyways as is the case with most of those aftermarket "projector" headlights. Better off to build your own.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Im with UnDeR FLiP on this one.. cheap.. and btw im not sure if bosch makes 2.5" projectors.. I believe the single xenon ones are 2 1/4" and then I know they make 3" bixenons for E46s..

either ways just by looking you can tell its this cheap retrofit kit -> China Kit.. <if you want proof ask him to send you pictures of the connections! and post them here I'll tell you if they are even the standard bulb connectors..

·
Registered
519 Posts

bosch diameter of projector is 2.5
there are many colours for angle eye, white,yellow,purple,green
you can choose one.
color temperature xenon lamp - 4300K or 6000k, both available.
type lamp D2S

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hmmm...D2S lamp. These could actually be legit. Someone should buy then and let us know! haha.

·
Registered
519 Posts
he asked me "can you tell me the car VIN code for cerato 09(forte). i dont know wheter it is the same as the ones in China" when i asked him about the connections.. can anyone on here anwser that question?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have a VIN Number on your car, usually its on the drivers door panel. I havent looked where it is on our car yet, but thats the usual spot, some are on the bottom right or left of the windshield.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can someone give me a brief summary of what exactly a "Projector" kit is, compared to a "Angel-eye" kit. And maybe what exactly is needed to make either one. I am getting confused on the difference.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts