Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 Rio is officially dead. The last couple of days have been rough.

First - flat tire, replaced 2 rear tires for $150
Second- Wheel bearing busted - Cost estimate of $200 to repleace
Third- Battery Died (multiple problems here)
a) Battery is not charging, needs new battery (about $100)
b) alternator needs new bearings (probably will cost 2-300)
c) Needs new distributor wires and maybe new distributer cap (2-300)

There's no way i'm sinking over $1000 in a car that, according to canadian black book is only worth $56
Find the value of your vehicle. What?s your car worth. Canadian Black Book

So, it's time for my new forte.

Probably looking into an EX ( i know before i said SX but the budget might not allow it now)

How much should i offer? I was going to try to get an OTD of $20,000 CAD, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in nova scotia. Just got a quote from a dealer for a titanium EX for 22850 + taxes. Needless to say i told him where to go and how to get there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow 22.8k for an EX??!!
Yep, he told me "INCLUDES a spoiler, window visors and hood deflector.

On the kia price it now option on their website the car is only 21,900 before taxes. 22800 is just ridiculous in my opinion.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my EX 5 speed auto (ECO) for 15,500 out the door. Just sayin.....
American i presume? and EX 5-speed?...explain.

I have 3 offers now:

Demo Forte Sedan EX w/sunroof : 19950 (10,850km, so if i choose to go sedan i'd want a lot more taken off)

Forte Koup EX 20650

Koup EX w/sunroof 22,849

all prices are before taxes. I'm really leaning on you guys to help me out here. This is all assuming i qualify for a decent interest rate, which i think i should.

·
Registered
149 Posts
American i presume? and EX 5-speed?...explain.

I have 3 offers now:

Demo Forte Sedan EX w/sunroof : 19950 (10,850km, so if i choose to go sedan i'd want a lot more taken off)

Forte Koup EX 20650

Koup EX w/sunroof 22,849

all prices are before taxes. I'm really leaning on you guys to help me out here. This is all assuming i qualify for a decent interest rate, which i think i should.

Yep, U.S. vehicle. The EX 5 speed auto (ECO) is an option here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mhmm, I got my SX Koup w/Sun for ~18000 out the door. Manual with Cloth. Id say grab the EX Koup without the sun, great car and in the budget :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
mine I pay 25000 (with taxes and bank) on 7 years. Is a sedan EX and I had negociate hood and windows deflector, mud pad and heater. best price I found last september...but at this time, you must have more discounts!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yep, U.S. vehicle. The EX 5 speed auto (ECO) is an option here.
That's the car i need. I like the EX but the 4-speed angers me. It's still not bad but i'd rather a 5. I wonder how difficult/more expensive it would be to import one....probably cheaper to go with an SX

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey buddy, another Nova Scotian here. It's really hard to find a used/demo Koup around here, hence why I ended up getting a sedan. I got my LX with the comfort package (ECO, A/C) for 14000 before tax with 19000km on it at Steele Clearance on Kempt Road in Halifax. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did at finding a used/demo Koup.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
just gotta say-off topic cuz i do that - lol
i loved my visit to halifax nova scotia a few years ago.
just wish i had more time and money to completely cover the island.
i only got to do the foot tour after work around the downtown sections.
one thing that i'd say for sure about buying a car there- no sticks cuz of the hills! lol
whew- my legs were wore out going from place to place there.
good luck hunting cuz it seems (i dont know the exchange rates) that the prices you are getting quoted are a lil high.......
(here in blastingly hot florida- i got my SX koup 6sp w/pretty much all the trimmings for 18 and plus change)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just gotta say-off topic cuz i do that - lol
i loved my visit to halifax nova scotia a few years ago.
just wish i had more time and money to completely cover the island.
i only got to do the foot tour after work around the downtown sections.
one thing that i'd say for sure about buying a car there- no sticks cuz of the hills! lol
whew- my legs were wore out going from place to place there.
good luck hunting cuz it seems (i dont know the exchange rates) that the prices you are getting quoted are a lil high.......
(here in blastingly hot florida- i got my SX koup 6sp w/pretty much all the trimmings for 18 and plus change)
You haven't seen nova scotia until you've seen cape breton (where i live). The cabot trail is 30 minutes from where i live...best sunday drive you can make

http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/images/pic_wonder_cabot_trail_lg.jpg

I just wish my car didn't struggle up some of the hills....can't wait for my forte!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey buddy, another Nova Scotian here. It's really hard to find a used/demo Koup around here, hence why I ended up getting a sedan. I got my LX with the comfort package (ECO, A/C) for 14000 before tax with 19000km on it at Steele Clearance on Kempt Road in Halifax. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did at finding a used/demo Koup.
I saw that on their website. My local dealer (sydney) said he had a demo koup, but it wasn't at their dealership. I'm still not sure if i want a sedan or koup. + to a koup for styling and awesomeness. + to sedan for practicality and price.

I counter-offered the offers i got from O'regans in dartmouth and the salesman said

"I'll gladly represent your offers to my manager but they are very aggressive so I will need a partial payment from you. Please call me at the number below."

To this i say, what a joke. You want me to pay you to discuss payment?

I can see their side, they might get a lot of people that want their price to take to another dealer, but come on....I work all day and can't use the telephone for personal stuff, I have full access to internet and email however and it's more convenient for me to discuss this stuff via email.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You haven't seen nova scotia until you've seen cape breton (where i live). The cabot trail is 30 minutes from where i live...best sunday drive you can make

http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/image...t_trail_lg.jpg
that is one sweet looking road alrighty.....thats the problem i have here in florida-
the roads are pretty well flat flat flat- sure- we got a few with twistys- but nothing to go up and down while twisty- for that- we gotta ride the roller coasters........

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I saw that on their website. My local dealer (sydney) said he had a demo koup, but it wasn't at their dealership.......... I can see their side, they might get a lot of people that want their price to take to another dealer, but come on....I work all day and can't use the telephone for personal stuff, I have full access to internet and email however and it's more convenient for me to discuss this stuff via email.
when i was looking for the car i've got now (black SX 6spd etc) i ran into the same type of mentality - all the sales guys wanted to talk talk talk - hell- if they put their stuff up for sale in the internet- they should at least use the internet to make the sale.

i can't tell you the number of runarounds i got in 6months of shopping thru the internet looking for this car.

it can't be that hard to look up the SKU# you have on the internet and email back a simple- yes- its an auto or a standard and if the dumb MFs had bothered to post all the important details......we wouldnt have even had to have that conversation....

no need for me to have to call you mr sales man for you to answer that question.

(( and to any kia company folks that might be reading along- time for kia to jump ahead in the market even further-- whole generation coming up that buys things strictly thru the internet--- heck-even old guys like me spend more over the internet than over the counter - well-other than groceries that is....if kia wants to really surge ahead of the pack- they better realize that their consumers are pretty damn savvy and that they need to get their dealers up to speed on the demeographs--after all their ad company is doing a great job))

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- one last thing-
I'm still not sure if i want a sedan or koup. + to a koup for styling and awesomeness. + to sedan for practicality and price.
practicality of the sedan? you got kids and a car seat? you take a lot of people carpooling? lol
if so- ok- i will go with you there on that..... :)
hate for you to miss out on all the fun the koup is :)

and even if you have a kid and a carseat- if the kid is young enough that you can keep the koup for some years- i'd still go w/the koup- i had a lil girl i'd babysit years ago- and putting her into the car seat from passenger side wasnt a problem in my 95 grand am...she loved sitting back there so she could tell me all about my driving :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Newest offer is $20,350 for a Koup EX, no sunroof. I qualify for the new grad rebate so my price would actually be 19850. That's from a dealer about 3 hours away. I'm going to take the offer to my local dealer and see what they can do. I'd rather purchase locally since that's where the servicing will take place.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts