Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok, so i wish i could make up my mind between a sedan and a koup. I think i finally settled on a sedan though......should i move this thread over to the right topic? lol. Sure the koups look a lot nicer but at the end of the day i want something i enjoy driving. And with the added incentives (1250 instead of 750 and 1.9 FV financing or 0% 60mth financing) I can get a SX sedan instead of an EX koup. I have a meeting with my local dealer tomorrow to talk some prices.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i know its late but i got sx koup 6 speed for 17,500 before finance and taxes.... was a 22k car.. but im also in florida haha

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i know its late but i got sx koup 6 speed for 17,500 before finance and taxes.... was a 22k car.. but im also in florida haha
Yeah, my local dealer has a used Koup SX. If i can get a price that makes sense then i might switch back to the Koup, but for now i'm a sedan guy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update!

Let me know what you guys think of these prices, all before tax. I laughed at the price of the demo.

16000km = sunroof?

Demo EX w/sunroof Sedan (16000km) - 19500
EX Sedan - 19500
SX Sedan - 22600

·
Registered
129 Posts
Newest offer is $20,350 for a Koup EX, no sunroof. I qualify for the new grad rebate so my price would actually be 19850. That's from a dealer about 3 hours away. I'm going to take the offer to my local dealer and see what they can do. I'd rather purchase locally since that's where the servicing will take place.
damn, I paid 19k out the door for an sx w/o sunroof 6m. But that is Canadian I don't know how that compares to US. then they gave me 2k off and I put down 5K. so I only financed 12k.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
damn, I paid 19k out the door for an sx w/o sunroof 6m. But that is Canadian I don't know how that compares to US. then they gave me 2k off and I put down 5K. so I only financed 12k.
Yeah, canada gets the shit end of the stick on car prices. Economies of scale i guess? The dollar is basically at par now and we still pay thousands more for the same car. Add on 15% tax on that too (7% federal and 8% provincial).

·
Registered
283 Posts
the U.S c ars are around 5K less before taxes and some more options tough..lol so ...what i miss is an 5auto on ex and the yelow flassh lights like koup's...lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
FINALLY!

Just put $500 down towards a new Koup, just waiting to hear if the bank will accept my loan.

EX w/o sunroof. Out the door price of 23000. (in nova scotia with 15% tax).

Titanium. Just have to call insurance and awayyyyyyyy we go.

So happy. It's been a long 3 months of looking for a car

My gf and i were talking coming out of the dealership saying how we've ended right where we started. The first car i looked at/test drove was a black EX koup. I've driven at least 15 cars since then and have eliminated all of them.

Really happy with my decision. I think i could have gotten less off but the sales staff was good to me during the 3 months and really helped me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Picked it up after work...12km's on it. They just got it at the dealership 10 days ago. Already put 150km on it driving it from one side of cape breton to the other. Next is a nice wash and wax tomorrow and then cabot trail on sunday.

And of course...pics to follow

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Here's the first pics of my new koup. I didn't realize how dirty my wheel wells were until i took the pic......have to get after my landlord to fix my potholes now.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.