Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte Gt 1.6L turbo Manual
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a gt specific thing but every time I take my seat belt off it gets suck between the seat and the B pillar. This results in it getting stuck when I go to put it on. This inconvenience isn’t what bothers me most. I fear scratching my plastic over time, which will undoubtedly drive me nuts. Anyone experience the same issue?
Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Rim Car

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car

Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades Car Auto part

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
568 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
568 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue on my FE, it getting stuck between the seat and the B pillar is very annoying, especially at night. I never had a vehicle do that this consistently before. I might try out one of those silicone covers, or I will just have to pay more attention when getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
440 Posts
I've heard that you can take a heat gun and touch up scratches in the plastic. You'd have to be very careful and start at a good distance, I would think. If you're like me, you just don't give a rats ass and let it go. It's plastic, after all and how in the hell can you KEEP from scratching plastic? Cheap cars with cheap interiors. As long as mine gets me from point A to point B and back to A again, I don't care about plastic scratches.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The heat from heat gun/hair dryer warps plastics even at a safe distance. The safe distance will force one to either get closer or increase the heat output.

Since Kia interiors are textured that doesn't work at all.

Just don't use & avoid it. I destroyed my center console doing that same sh*t.

I should've just spray painted it black.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
440 Posts
The heat from heat gun/hair dryer warps plastics even at a safe distance. The safe distance will force one to either get closer or increase the heat output.

Since Kia interiors are textured that doesn't work at all.

Just don't use & avoid it. I destroyed my center console doing that same sh*t.

I should've just spray painted it black.
What about a hand held hair dryer? I don't car about scratches in the cheap ass plastic in my car as my wife started scratching it with her purse and cane shortly after I bought it. Oh well, happy wife, happy life, right? Not necessarily.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
236 Posts
What about a hand held hair dryer? I don't car about scratches in the cheap ass plastic in my car as my wife started scratching it with her purse and cane shortly after I bought it. Oh well, happy wife, happy life, right? Not necessarily.
In my experience with wives...there are only about 2 things that actually keep them happy. And they are both only about 3.5 inches long.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,140 Posts
In my experience with wives...there are only about 2 things that actually keep them happy. And they are both only about 3.5 inches long.
Orange Rectangle Font Gas Automotive exterior

LOL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT2 Aurora Black Pearl
40 Posts
Could wrap the B pillar with some fabric, problem solved; no scratches; no annoying rattles. Upholstery shop can wrap them in any type of material at a decent price…the ‘80’s called…they want their crushed velour back!
Ooo, this sounds absolutely heavenly. Hmm, fleece or shearling…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts