Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was surprised that my Spoiler was delivery today!!

Beautiful day as I was about to wash the car and see how the "5StarShine" held up after 2 weeks of crappy weather.. anyway, here are some photos of the new spoiler... I love it!!

Some before and afters and look at that shine in the first one!!! if it only stayed that nice! lol.

Hope you all have as nice as a day as mine!

Going to watch some phillies and cook out now!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look real good on your car! did you have to drill holes?
Well the instructions are all in Korean but there were 2 screws included and the pictures should drilling 2 small holes however i opted not to. I was concerned with drilling holes in the trunk and possible rust issues down the road so I decided to simply rely on the massive amounts of 3M tape on the bottom. Once I stuck it one I "shoved" it with both hands very tough and it didn't budge.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Looks good. I guess I need to get going on installing the stuff I got for the car. I feel foolish that I haven't done anything yet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks awesome! Still looking for a nice lip spoiler for the Koup.

Favorite pic is the side shot showing the spoiler and shark fin antenna! Paint looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks awesome! Still looking for a nice lip spoiler for the Koup.

Favorite pic is the side shot showing the spoiler and shark fin antenna! Paint looks awesome!
thanks. Yeah l love the side profile of this car!! Spoiler came from Korean auto imports.. I'm assuming you already checked with them for one for the koup?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
thanks. I like the way it looks kinda subtle but sporty.
The look I exactly am trying to achieve. Sporty but subtle, hence my name. Definitely wanna get a lip spoiler for my Koup. Really looks great on your car.

On a side note, I have to stop looking at all these pics of the mods you guys are doing! It's making me do mods and making me broke! :D

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! thebeast is comin together:)
Thanks! Now if I could just get my hands on the production version CAI from Turbokits, I would ALMOST, and I MEAN ALSMOST be done....LOL.

The look I exactly am trying to achieve. Sporty but subtle, hence my name. Definitely wanna get a lip spoiler for my Koup. Really looks great on your car.

On a side note, I have to stop looking at all these pics of the mods you guys are doing! It's making me do mods and making me broke! :D
Yeah, I am not big on "all out mods" making it look like a racing machine (but to each his own, we all have our own taste and style) but when I drive down the street I would still like to turn some heads. :)

and i hear you, every time i read a new thread with a mod, it makes me think and spend cash!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Like it!! Specially the way it curves forward at the end. Wish mine was like that (I have the Bright lip spoiler from SharkRacing)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like it!! Specially the way it curves forward at the end. Wish mine was like that (I have the Bright lip spoiler from SharkRacing)

thanks man. I'll tell you what. I was looking at yours and tried to get the same as you but yours is koup only and that's why I went with the one from Korean auto imports.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Beast - The spoiler looks great. Do you need three or four hands to install it correctly in place? With just using tape, it looks like you would need a hand at each end and maybe at least one in the middle to make sure it's in the correct position before making contact with that tape.
Any insight?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Beast - The spoiler looks great. Do you need three or four hands to install it correctly in place? With just using tape, it looks like you would need a hand at each end and maybe at least one in the middle to make sure it's in the correct position before making contact with that tape.
Any insight?
I'll be honest. It was simple. I didn't use any tape and only had my wife to
assist. It was actually kinda simple since the spoiler lines up perfect with the trunk lid. All I did was had her hold the one side off the trunk while I pressed it down on the right side and then I quickly pressed the remainder down as evenly as possible. I didn't have to move it or shift it at all. Went on like a charm and then I just pressed it down for a good 5 minutes. After I installed it I read a good trick and that is to get the 3m tape prior this way if you have to pull it off or shift
it, it is much easier.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Looks good Beast I like it..
I'd check on the tape after a year of so I find that it tends to dry out. and no more sticky.... just a friendly heads up on that

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good Beast I like it..
I'd check on the tape after a year of so I find that it tends to dry out. and no more sticky.... just a friendly heads up on that
Yeah I was concerned with that. Will keep an eye on it and just cross my fingers it holds up. Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts