Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to matte wrap my hood cuz it's badly scratched but have been seriously thinking about matte black wrapping the whole car. The koup R that's in matte black looks amazing and I love that look. What kind of place would do this and what price am I looking at? Also...is there anything I should know about doing this that would negatively effect anything? And how long do these last? And r they removable in later years? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
a good sign/graphic design shop, $1200-$1400, look for 3M or oracal material, depending on depth of scrach they may show, in general have a 5-7 year warranty

·
Registered
708 Posts
do it .. flat grey looked awesome one of the canadians had at the tri state meet

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone tell me not to do it!! I want to so bad! Hahaha I'm liking the black better I think but was it the R koup that Zoup has?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh idk about graphics. I would rly have to see it before I did anything like that cuz I would hate to hate it lol but do u think that 1200-1400 price is basically what every shop will charge? And that's for everything out the door? Ugh I wanta do it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
that price is out the door and is competive for florida, what we do is take pics of your car and then show you pics with your design, i dont have any pics yet but the design for my '65 bug is matte black with flat black vw logos hidden in the print

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm wonder what pricing is up here in NY. Gotta make some calls and see what I have to drop for this. I would also want some "not-too-expensive" black deepdish rims if I did this so if anyone has suggestions please tell me!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I wish I could remember the site... But there is a company that does them in3m and the graphics are 3d everything from space to water, to fire, the good companys have warrantys like 5 yrs etc, i wouldnt attempt it myself, and yes they are removable but not reusable. if I had the money I would search them out again and see what was available, blows plain black or grey out of the water, the possibilities are endless with vinyl, but your door jambs engine bay etc may not match, and it can cost close to if not more than a paint job

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Jeff is saying 1200-1400 for the wrap. Painting the entire car is double, maybe triple that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just depends on the wrap, just like it'd depend on the paintjob, $1200-$1400 is basic matte black/or gray? Don't get me wrong the stealth look of it is awesome and all...it's really up to you I'm just throwing out some of what I've seen and my personal preferences.
Is it only your hood that got damaged or do you have blemishes around the whole car like swirls, chips, and scratches?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's only the hood that got scratched. I may not like the look of just the hood wrapped in a different color and it's not rly that expensive to get the whole car wrapped and that's an awesome look so I may do it when i get the money up. And yes that price is for the matte black wrap, SX.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rly? That much? Then I drive to FL and get it done lol

2,213 Posts
You don't make sense!!!! You ask a million questions about turbo, but you'll shell out a few grand for a wrap......make up your mind and set your priorities fool!!! lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Shaks, if you want, i can ask my boy who work at Metro Auto Body and they do an absolute great job in wrapping. They just finish wrapping a G35 in matte black...PM or let me know ill get u a price....the shop is located in NJ, 15mins away from the George washington bridge.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Have you considered plastidip to save money... A spray can sells for 6 bux at home depot prolly 12-15 cans should cover the whole thing and if you hate it you can always pull it off and itwont ruin the paint underneath

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.