Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
However i'm debating on whether to get the tech package.

In my last car I installed an after market head unit with a 7 inch screen. I want the same in this car. It is easy to do on this car after market? Or should I get the tech package?

Also notice I can't get the remote start with the tech package... is there an after market way around this?

I also don't like the lack of projection head lights. I would like to install after market HIDs... Which work better in projection head lights. Has anyone tried HIDs in the stock headlights? Or found after market projectors that are any good?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Not to sound like a dick, but all these questions have been answered before, you gotta just use the search feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll search this site specifically, but I did Google each of these issues.

Didn't really find anything on replacing the head unit, however they do sell head units that "fit" the car on after market sites, so I would think it can be done. But just looking for some suggestions from people who might have tried one of these options.

As for the remote start, the thread I found was from 2010, and they did not have a solution because the push to start was not compatible with remote start. There was no after-market solution that I found. I was wondering if anyone knew of any.

As for the HIDs, I found a thread on that too, one person had tried them in the stock, but no comments on how much the blinded oncoming traffic; and I think one person had bought after market. I was just wondering if anyone had any other experiences/suggestions.

I was just looking for a little more information and rather than reviving a year old thread, I figured I would create a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'll speak specifically on HID as that as the one I have done personally.
I noticed when I upgraded that the beam pattern was actually more focused than it was on halogen bulbs. I have followed friends, and had someone drive my car behind me and can say that there have been no issues with blinding or glare. Put them in fogs and blind the shit out of everyone though...

Projectors are starting to pop up, a few of us on here are planning them and will do a DIY write up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll speak specifically on HID as that as the one I have done personally.
I noticed when I upgraded that the beam pattern was actually more focused than it was on halogen bulbs. I have followed friends, and had someone drive my car behind me and can say that there have been no issues with blinding or glare. Put them in fogs and blind the shit out of everyone though...

Projectors are starting to pop up, a few of us on here are planning them and will do a DIY write up.
Well thats all good news... honestly i loved my hids in my last car (Hyundai sonata) and would love to put them in this car!

I take it you tried them in the fogs? I had hids in the low beams, high beams and fogs in my sonata. And I had special leds to that the drls were white, except when they blinked it turned yellow... such a SICK look to the front of any car...

2,213 Posts
yea, they're called switchbacks lol

everything you want to do has been done. just use the search button on the top and you shoudl get all your answers. if you still need help im sure someone would love to help you out! enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately this might be purely academic at this point. I can't find a single kia forte in ct, not to mention a sx in the color I want... Since I have not test driven one yet i'm not going to have the dealer order me one... I wonder if they are just letting their supply run out for the 2012... not sure when they will come out however...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Tech package = LED Tails nuf said

·
Registered
732 Posts
any koup SX has the LED tails...not because of the tech pkg

2012 aren't coming out anytime soon...you can wait at least 4 more months for it
My bad! Just woke up.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I noticed that my dealer had only one Forte on the lot when I went in for my 10K service.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My dealer ordered four more of the one I bought lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts