Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Kia Forte. I have heard a lot of positive from review websites and some negative from people. Just curious what information you great people can tell me in terms of if it's worth getting one. I would be getting a 2018, possibly 2019. The reason why I'm looking is because I made the mistake of buying a dodge journey and am sick of chasing random noises, vibrations, and suspension issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, few, if any people here would tell you it is a bad idea. First things first, you are aware, that 2018 and 2019 is a different generation. Both are good cars, the 2019 being the overall better car. Having said that, the 2019 has one engine choice and a CVT, while the 2018 can be had in 3 different engines -147 hp, 164 hp and 201 hp for the turbo of the Forte5. That turbo engine is carried over to the GT, but 2020 up. I have 2, a 2014 Koup EX and a 2015 Sedan EX, and both are running without issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a Kia Forte. I have heard a lot of positive from review websites and some negative from people. Just curious what information you great people can tell me in terms of if it's worth getting one. I would be getting a 2018, possibly 2019. The reason why I'm looking is because I made the mistake of buying a dodge journey and am sick of chasing random noises, vibrations, and suspension issues.

Thanks!
I like my 2020 LXS very much. The 2.0 Nu engine and the CVT work very well together, and 205/55 R16 tires and stock suspension give it tight handling. Fits 4 comfortably. No stupid tech for tech's sake. A lot to like for not alot more than $20,000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts