Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but i searched and couldnt find anything...i swear!:rolleyes:

soooo the ipod cable...what, $40? cmon.

on a whim, i decided to plug in my EVO4G to see if it would at least charge. when you plug the evo (and maybe any android phone) to a usb port, it asks if you want to only charge, sync, or set up as a disk drive...
so for fun i selected disk drive...

wouldnt ya know it, the car read the usb as a drive, and i get tags on the little kia screen, and i can change tracks with the steering wheel controls.

guess i can save my $40 then! :)

again...likely old news, but i was glad that it works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i can indeed.

the only thing i cant do is use the downloaded themes for 'beautiful widgets' since they reside on the SD card...but whatever.

*edit*
one beef i have is that when i plug it back in, it wont pick up where i left off...it defaults to the band that is highest in the alphabet...
but not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I found that any of my other mp3 players (sansas all) work fine when plugged in, even an el cheapo usb stick loaded up will work flawlessly ( current setup)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried this with my Motorola Droid and doenst seem to work as seamless, but the 80 gig ipod hangs out in the glove box.
you know, now that you mention it...i may have had my bluetooth on as well. so i bet the call came in thru bluetooth...but the music picked back up after i hung up...hmmm.
i guess ill have to test it and see now that im curious.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you try to plug the iPod or iPhone with the regular USB cable you run the risk of damaging your device has a warning in manual but the USB is designed to accept flash drives or in the case of you designating your phone as a storage device

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I have never been able to transmit anything but voice calls through the OEM bluetooth

Have faith. My rental when my Koup was in the shop (2010 Sonata) had bluetooth as well and it was able to stream my Droid's music. The capability is there, just depends on the Bluetooth profile of the Radio. I think more manufacturer's will incorporate this, since just about every phone on the market now has the ability to stream via Bluetooth these days....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you try to plug the iPod or iPhone with the regular USB cable you run the risk of damaging your device has a warning in manual but the USB is designed to accept flash drives or in the case of you designating your phone as a storage device
i dont have the kia proprietary cable, but i have seen it...if im not mistaken it's just a regular ipod USB cable with the aux plug attached, right?

if itll charge an ipod/iphone, it shouldnt have any issue charging most devices...but i agree, there's always a risk.

the stereo BT thing is pretty cool...
so is it a firmware change that allowed the streaming of media over BT, or did the change prohibit it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.